cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I click the amex luv button again? CLI APPROVED!!!!

tag
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Can I click the amex luv button again? CLI APPROVED!!!!

So, I clicked the luv button 3 days ago before the exact 6 month aniversary of my last cli.  I try to check the status online but it says it can not be process or something to that extent.  Should I click it now since it's exactly 6 month since I last got a cli?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Can I click the amex luv button again?

@joestay wrote:

So, I clicked the luv button 3 days ago before the exact 6 month aniversary of my last cli.  I try to check the status online but it says it can not be process or something to that extent.  Should I click it now since it's exactly 6 month since I last got a cli?

Has your 6th statement generated?  Are you seeing any pre-approvals when you log in?

Message 2 of 19
joestay
Frequent Contributor

It generated on the 10th, the same day I asked for the cli.  I never had any preapproval when I log in.

Message 3 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@joestay wrote:

It generated on the 10th, the same day I asked for the cli.  I never had any preapproval when I log in.

That's a problem.  Usually if AMEX likes what they see in a person's credit files they offer pre-approvals for many of their cards.   That is also an indication they're wanting to give you more credit and a CLI.  It's a soft pull so it won't hurt to hit the button again if its there.  If you get the 30 days message, it means you were declined and email will be sent soon after for you to check the status which doesn't always work. 

Message 4 of 19
joestay
Frequent Contributor

I use to get lots of preapproval in the mail about 3-4 months back.  I got the 7-10 days message after I clicked on it 3 days ago.  I check my email but when I click on the "finalized" button to see the decision, it doesn't work.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

where do you check if you are pre approved if you are already a member?

Message 6 of 19
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Also, I have adblock on.  could that have blocked ads by any chance?

Message 7 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

where do you check if you are pre approved if you are already a member?

Click on the tab that says additional cards and then click where it says apply for another card.  You would see if you're already pre-approved. 

Message 8 of 19
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Okay.  So, I followed your advice DI and I click the button again.  Instead of asking for $10k limit, I asked for $8k limit.  This is asking for $3k in increase.  I got approved.  My limit is now $8k.  I wonder if I should have just asked to increase it to $10k limit.  10 is such a nice number.  I'm happy.  Thanks

Message 9 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@joestay wrote:

@joestay wrote:

AMEX CLIs are instantly if the request is approved.   They make a decision at that very second.   IF you got an email from them to check the status it was a decline.  You will get a letter in the mail. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.