cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I click the amex luv button again? CLI APPROVED!!!!

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Can I click the amex luv button again?

@joestay wrote:

Okay.  So, I followed your advice DI and I click the button again.  Instead of asking for $10k limit, I asked for $8k limit.  This is asking for $3k in increase.  I got approved.  My limit is now $8k.  I wonder if I should have just asked to increase it to $10k limit.  10 is such a nice number.  I'm happy.  Thanks

Congrats!  Atleast you got something.  Now you have to wait another 6 months. 

Message 11 of 19
joestay
Frequent Contributor

I guess if you want a credit limit increase, you must wait exactly at least 6 months.  

Message 12 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@joestay wrote:

I guess if you want a credit limit increase, you must wait exactly at least 6 months.  

Yes.  You'll receive a letter confirming your approval.  Keep that letter.  Your six months starts from the date on the letter that's forthcoming. 

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about if I recently opened an AMEX account? I don't have my luv button showing, but I guess that's because it's a new account, and I can't ask for a CLI just yet. Do you have any experience of how long it takes for the luc button to appear? I've heard some saying it might be 6 months, while others saying you might ask earlier than that...

Message 14 of 19
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What about if I recently opened an AMEX account? I don't have my luv button showing, but I guess that's because it's a new account, and I can't ask for a CLI just yet. Do you have any experience of how long it takes for the luc button to appear? I've heard some saying it might be 6 months, while others saying you might ask earlier than that...

Pretty sure the rule is no CLI within 60 days of opening a new account, or 6 months from your last request.  Since you're talking about a new account, you'll have to wait 60 days. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received my first CLI within 3 months, but it was a small CLI.  It's best to wait until the full 6 months has elapsed before requesting a CLI. 

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try and wait the full six months though... hope to be able to resist the urge once the luv button appears Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll try and wait the full six months though... hope to be able to resist the urge once the luv button appears Smiley Tongue

It's a soft pull, so if your resistant falls short, you can hit the button again. 

Message 18 of 19
joestay
Frequent Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pretty sure the rule is no CLI within 60 days of opening a new account, or 6 months from your last request.  Since you're talking about a new account, you'll have to wait 60 days. 

It's supposed to be 6 months from your last CLI.  EXACTLY 6 month okay.  So, if you request a cli 5 days before that exact 6 month, it will be denied.  Luckily though, 5 days afterwards when it hits 6 month, you can get approved.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.