cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I complain about Wells Fargo for a minute?

tag
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can I complain about Wells Fargo for a minute?

@JMN wrote:

I've had a Wells Visa for about 1.5 years. Limit started out at $4,500. It's gotten two CLIs, both $700 a piece. 

So now it awkwardly sits at $5,900. 

I only got it because a girl I was "seeing" at the time worked at Wells... She ditched me for a teller at her branch, and all I got was this lousy Wells Fargo credit card. Smiley Indifferent

But..  Did you learn *both* lessons? 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 11 of 17
JMN
Frequent Contributor

@Odiseous wrote:

@JMN wrote:

I've had a Wells Visa for about 1.5 years. Limit started out at $4,500. It's gotten two CLIs, both $700 a piece. 

I only got it because a girl I was "seeing" at the time worked at Wells... She ditched me for a teller at her branch, and all I got was this lousy Wells Fargo credit card. Smiley Indifferent

But..  Did you learn *both* lessons? 

Not to trust anyone from Wells Fargo NOR to accept/carry any of their products?

Yes. Smiley Very Happy

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 12 of 17
ds4365

I got one better..........my scores are above 800 across the board. I bank with Wells Fargo...have for 7 years....automatic deposit...4 savings accounts... 2 checking accounts. I have many credit cards ....3 above 20,000 limit, 8 above 5,000 limit and 3 above 15000.00 limit. I have 3 cars paid off, and a good mix of credit with only one store card. Pif on everything including 4 amex cards. I have has this litlle bity credit card from wells fargo for 7 years...started at 500 dollars. Called for an increase this month and they offered a 200.00 dollar increase....(AFTER 7 YEARS!!!!!). I have a perfect credit history with them...with everyone. I asked to be transferred to an anaylist, and she told me that I only used the card last year for around 3000.00 in purchases and this year so far only 2000.00, so it doesn't warrant more of an increase. I wanted to tell her that with that credit limit it just takes too much of my time to keep going to the store to buy gum........ I have an 118, 272.00 annual Salary and Wells Fargo gets it all in Automatic Deposits. They are the ones that are benefiting...............and I think it is getting close to the time in showing them what that measly 200.00 dollar offer will cost them in the long run......Chase has been very good to me and I think they deserve the automatic deposit. Were not the only ones that have Wells Fargo using our money with no incentive to us to do so. We can gripe or change things................My credit rating is there because I made it so...with patience and hard work.........many institutions see that.......Wells Fargo doesn't seem to notice unless it totally benefits them.

Message 13 of 17
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

that sucks..

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 14 of 17
Makin_the_Climb
Established Member

Sorry to hear that! I just got a $2000.00 CLI from them last month without asking for it.

Starting Score: TU 754 EQ 705 EX 680 (AmEx pull)
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 711 as of Jan 28, 2013 EX 680
Goal Score: 800 across the board with utilization down from 28%

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 17
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@JMN wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@gettnthere wrote:

@JMN wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, that's funny!  But on a serious note, I do believe it's time to move on.  Loyalty begets loyalty!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.