Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do bal xfd using Amex Green card?

tag
Mama-j
Contributor

Can I do bal xfd using Amex Green card?

I have a balance of $530 on my Orchard CC and stament closed on 1/8. I will have extra money by mid month to pay it all off, can I use my Amex green card? And will I received points?

Thanks.

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I do bal xfd using Amex Green card?

Amex Green doesnt do balance transfer as i know of......

Amex dosnt like Orchard bank and their subrime card.......and its okay to paid a bit now and paid them off by the mid month........

You should used Amex Green to build relationship with them other than using freaking Orchard bank that not get u anywhere.....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 5
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Mama-j wrote:

I have a balance of $530 on my Orchard CC and stament closed on 1/8. I will have extra money by mid month to pay it all off, can I use my Amex green card? And will I received points?

Thanks.

may not be worth it if you can....plus, i'm not sure you can get points/cash back/rewards on balance transfers? Probably just be best to pay the Orchard card off.

I've done some BT with my NFCU card recently and its great there are no BT fee's and now they have the 0% offer, but the balance transfers haven't added to my cashback rewards at all just shows the total from my regular purchases.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 3 of 5
Mama-j
Contributor

Yes, that's my goal. Pay off the bal and close it. 

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Yeah AMEX charge cards do not have a transfer feature

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.