Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do my bonus with one purchase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I do my bonus with one purchase

I think the most I've ever spent on a purchase was around 500. I just was approved for a new rewards card with barclay and I was wondering if I can make a large 1488 charge when I activate it to make the bonus? It is for my auto insurance.

Didn't know if a large online charge at activation would trigger a fraud warning that I read about on here
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I do my bonus with one purchase

@Anonymous wrote:
I think the most I've ever spent on a purchase was around 500. I just was approved for a new rewards card with barclay and I was wondering if I can make a large 1488 charge when I activate it to make the bonus? It is for my auto insurance.

Didn't know if a large online charge at activation would trigger a fraud warning that I read about on here

Should be no problem for that type of charge.  Even if it does trigger a fraud alert, which is doubtful, it's not a big thing.  Just takes one call or text to deal with it.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to use cards, on bills you normally pay with a debit card online. If it hiccups call in, you're doing legit transaction they do 1000s of times a day.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks irish80 and fordguy89 for responding.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.