cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I expect a further increase or will it go down?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I expect a further increase or will it go down?

So as some of you may have possibly read my like two or three posts prior to this one, I was approved for Amazon.com card on Saturday for $900 and then since Amazon.com is under Synchrony as is AEO, Walmart, and Old Navy, I figured I'd have a good chance of getting approved for those three as well. I did. And got a starting limit of $600 for Walmart, $150 for AEO, and $300 for Old Navy. A member on here, mossmanb5, told me that I should call SYNCB and ask for a CLI on all three. So I did moments after getting approved for those three and got approved for $3500 on Walmart and Old Navy, and $2000 on my AEO card. I remembered that the  Amazon.com card is also under SYNCB so I asked for a CLI on that as well and got a CLI to $3500 from $900.

This morning I got an email alert that Experian had detected a new account and my EX score went up 8 points. My question is, can I expect a further increase on EX as well as TU and EQ when they detect Walmart, Old Navy, and AEO? Or do you guys think it'll go down since they detected three more accounts? Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I expect a further increase or will it go down?

No one will know for sure, in theory though it should drop due to the new accounts. However it might not hurt a lot because of the utilization ratios. After a few months they should rise then. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I found it strange that it went up with a new account opened but like you said, it might have been the utilization ratios. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little update, EX detected Walmart this morning and my EX score went up 10 points to 682. I'm so confused lol I thought it'd be going down. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A little update, EX detected Walmart this morning and my EX score went up 10 points to 682. I'm so confused lol I thought it'd be going down. 

What's your util on your cards?  If your util is high, having more of a cushion will increase your scores.  If your util is already low, the new accounts wont help as much and the drop in AAoA will reflect on your scores.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think the util was in the high 20s before these new accounts. the util is gonna go down now for sure. my total credit available before those four SYNCB cards and the Freedom was $2700, now it's at $16400. after all five cards are reported with their limits, my total util would be going down to under 10%

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What's your util on your cards?  If your util is high, having more of a cushion will increase your scores.  If your util is already low, the new accounts wont help as much and the drop in AAoA will reflect on your scores.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That seems like it explains your situation. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.