Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get PIF reported today?

tag
murf5789
Established Member

Can I get PIF reported today?

I am an AU on my wife's Kohl's card. It has a balance of $907 with a credit limit of $900. Obviously, this is damaging our scores. If we were to pay this off today, is there any way to have it reported to the CRA's today? We have an appointment with a bank that pulls TU later today and would love to have that account to show a zero balance. Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
dpride86
Regular Contributor

Re: Can I get PIF reported today?

i don't believe so, but you can maybe get a email from Kohl's stating that it has been paid in full.

-Current Score: TU 719 EQ 705 and EX 708 1-11-15
-My Goal: 740+ on all 3
-My wallet:
NFCU Cash Rewards 17k,Fidelity Amex 10.1k, QS 8k, DCU Visa Platinum 7.5k, Chase Freedom 7k, Penfed Promise 6.5k, Amex BCE 6k and Citi 5K.
Message 2 of 11
Involver
Valued Contributor

You would have to call the lender that services the Kohl's account and ask them.  The chances are probably not very high, but you never know.

Message 3 of 11
murf5789
Established Member

How about disputing it through the CRA's as having a zero balance now instead of being maxed? Could that possibly change it within a few days?

Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Unlikely. You really can't dispute information that the lender is accurately reporting. Best route is to check whether the lender can send an updated status as others have mentioned. It's still not going to happen overnight.
Message 5 of 11
murf5789
Established Member

Sorry, I meant to say...could I dispute the balance owed on it AFTER I've paid it off.

I actually just now paid off the entire balance. How do I contact the lender?

I've had no luck with Kohl's customer service sending an updated report today.

They said it automatically reports once a month.

Message 6 of 11
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@murf5789 wrote:

Sorry, I meant to say...could I dispute the balance owed on it AFTER I've paid it off.

If the frontline CSRs were unable to assist, you might want to contact the Cap One EO.  However they probably wouldn't be able to update today.   Even if they did, the CRAs can take some time to post their updates.   EX is usually fast, but TU can take a few days.   EQ is all over the map.  

Is there any way you could delay your bank appointment?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 11
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@murf5789 wrote:

No.  They're not reporting live-time, minute to minute.  Some report weekly, some monthly, some quarterly.  So long as the report was accurate on the day it was made, it would not look good to dispute it. 

Message 8 of 11
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

The only lender that I know of that automatically reports zero balances is Chase. I have seen them report the same day on zero balances (at least for EX).  Khols is not backed by Chase.

Message 9 of 11
Jlu
Established Contributor

Most mortgage loan officers can get an early update, but it's more work than it's worth unless you are in fact going for a loan.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.