Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a Alaska Airlines CC??

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I get a Alaska Airlines CC??

BOA pulled EX on me the last time I applied, im in TX. They still do the 99/500 the last time I spoke to them about 2 months ago. You have to apply for a unsecure CC, and if you get denied, then they may send you the 99/500 offer through the mail.

Message 11 of 12
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I get a Alaska Airlines CC??

Thanks for the information provided in this thread. I applied for the card Monday morning (August 30).

My Alaska Airlines account indicated I had already been pre-approved, but I ignored that thinking that you usually get lower credit limits that way. And of course pre-approvals are also not final approvals.

I chose the standard application form off the Alaska Airlines home page. Filling it out was a piece of cake, and once submitted, I was presented with a web page acknowledging just that. I skimmed it a bit, noting that it didn't say whether I was approved or not, after which followed by a lot of other information such as something like wait 7-10 days and a number if I as the applicant needed to speed up the process. Unfortunately I didn't consider taking a screen shot of the page, because about 30 seconds later, it was redirected back to the Alaska Airlines home page. Let the chips fall where they may, I thought and forgot about it.

I was shocked yesterday afternoon from receiving a "Score Watch Alert from myFICO" email for having applied for this credit card. It was already showing up on my credit reports! Everyone was very quick. BoA, EQ, TU, EX, myFICO. I could not believe it. I haven't received the card and don't know what my credit limit is.

EQ is listing the card as account type Revolving and type of loan Flexible Spending Credit Card, Credit Limit blank and High Limit $0. EX type Flex Spending, Credit Limit N/A and High Balance N/A. TU type Flexible spending credit card, High Balance $0.

Edit: Inquiries were pulled on both EX and TU. I'm in California.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.