Regular Contributor

Can I get any good cards with these scores?

Okay, my dh's scores are TU-658, EQ-630 & EX-684. He has 2 collections that are both over 2 1/2 yrs old. One of them is medical and I'm sure we can have it removed. The other, we aren't sure what it is, so we are doing research.  His income is about $65000/yr. He only has 2 revolving accounts on his credit report. One is Crown Jewelers and the other is an old First Premier card that is showing a balance but is closed. I could pay that off now, but we've been paying on it monthly. We just applied for a Household Bank card and he got only $500, but it's a start.

Are there any other cards he may be able to get? Just trying to see if we can get maybe 1 or 2 more just to use and build his score more? We got approved for a mortgage a while ago, but wanted to do some more building and get a better rate in another year or two.

Thanks!

FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can I get any good cards with these scores?

With his ex score   he could try   BofA   i  think he will get in  if not might counter with 99/500 deal , Amex is a possibility also with his Ex score.   Tu  score should get him Hooters MC (if you don't have a problem with that  :smileyhappy:   ) His  EQ score is a little low a secured  card from  a CU since most go with  EQ  might be an option.

At any rate go to  whogavemecredit.com and  use the database to give you an idea of what approvals and denials people get  with similar scores and  blemishes on their files.

hth
Epic Contributor

Re: Can I get any good cards with these scores?

Cabelas seems to be giving out there visa card like candy lately.
they will probably cut your initial cl in half but that happens before you even get it, so no biggie.
Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 700 (04/20/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
83 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.