Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get approved for 675?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get approved for 675?

Hi guys,

My score is 675, and Im looking for some credit card with no interest in 6 months or 12 months. I love Discover More, do you guys think that I can get that one at my score?

Thanks for responds.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Can I get approved for 675?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,

My score is 675, and Im looking for some credit card with no interest in 6 months or 12 months. I love Discover More, do you guys think that I can get that one at my score?

Thanks for responds.

Very borderline. You would have to put up some more details of your credit picture to get a better opinion. If you are approved by Discover your likely maximum CL would be $2.5K. Could be less. But the card is good.

Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let see

My Equifax Fico is 675( just check today)

I have total 5 credit card

Chase-2200CL

Macys-1800CL

Bestbuy-1200CL

CapitalOne-750CL(close on last year, but it's still on the report)

AmericanEagle-150CL(open 3 months ago by mistake)

No collection or public record.

No late payment.

5 times Inquiries from 2008 till now.

So do you think I can get Discover, if not do you know any cards that have no interest in 6 or 12 months?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Let see

My Equifax Fico is 675( just check today)

I have total 5 credit card

Chase-2200CL

Macys-1800CL

Bestbuy-1200CL

CapitalOne-750CL(close on last year, but it's still on the report)

AmericanEagle-150CL(open 3 months ago by mistake)

No collection or public record.

No late payment.

5 times Inquiries from 2008 till now.

So do you think I can get Discover, if not do you know any cards that have no interest in 6 or 12 months?

Thank you.

You should be ok with Discover.  They pulled TU in California, so  you may want to check that report.  Also US Bank has a 0% for 12 months.  

Message 4 of 32
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You might be good with Discover. I would not say it is a sure thing.
Message 5 of 32
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

What is your UTIL like? If you're at the golden 10% or below, I would think you have a decent chance. I was denied in April with a similar score and report, except that I had more inquiries at the time, and my UTIL was above 50% (the two denial reasons they gave me). And I agree that you may get a lower limit, but it will still be comparable to your other limits, and what a great card to have! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thank for your answers. I dont think I will open with Discover right now. My score isnt good enough. I think better wait for awhile. Do you guys know any credit cards with 0% interest in 6 or 12 months on purchase except US bank like illtakecreditforthat say.

My UTIL is 20%

Message 7 of 32
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

High UTIL is pretty much a major show stopper everywhere these days. Moderate UTIL may be - very issuer dependent.
Message 8 of 32
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Many thank for your answers. I dont think I will open with Discover right now. My score isnt good enough. I think better wait for awhile. Do you guys know any credit cards with 0% interest in 6 or 12 months on purchase except US bank like illtakecreditforthat say.

My UTIL is 20%

I would try it. Or call and ask if a 675 with 20% UTIL and no baddies is likely to be approved. I think you have a decent shot and it is a very nice card. I was approved last summer with a less perfect credit profile but 690 score and was approved for a high limit (for Discover). If you app do not expect a high limit as Discover will look to come it at around the level of your other CL's.

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just give them I call, they said they are unable to advise my chance. Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.