Guide

Can I get approved for 675?

Hi guys,

My score is 675, and Im looking for some credit card with no interest in 6 months or 12 months. I love Discover More, do you guys think that I can get that one at my score?

Thanks for responds.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Can I get approved for 675?

Guide wrote:

Hi guys,

My score is 675, and Im looking for some credit card with no interest in 6 months or 12 months. I love Discover More, do you guys think that I can get that one at my score?

Thanks for responds.

Very borderline. You would have to put up some more details of your credit picture to get a better opinion. If you are approved by Discover your likely maximum CL would be $2.5K. Could be less. But the card is good.

Guide

Let see

My Equifax Fico is 675( just check today)

I have total 5 credit card

Chase-2200CL

Macys-1800CL

Bestbuy-1200CL

CapitalOne-750CL(close on last year, but it's still on the report)

AmericanEagle-150CL(open 3 months ago by mistake)

No collection or public record.

No late payment.

5 times Inquiries from 2008 till now.

So do you think I can get Discover, if not do you know any cards that have no interest in 6 or 12 months?

Thank you.

Frequent Contributor
illtakecreditforthat

Guide wrote:

Let see

My Equifax Fico is 675( just check today)

I have total 5 credit card

Chase-2200CL

Macys-1800CL

Bestbuy-1200CL

CapitalOne-750CL(close on last year, but it's still on the report)

AmericanEagle-150CL(open 3 months ago by mistake)

No collection or public record.

No late payment.

5 times Inquiries from 2008 till now.

So do you think I can get Discover, if not do you know any cards that have no interest in 6 or 12 months?

Thank you.

You should be ok with Discover.  They pulled TU in California, so  you may want to check that report.  Also US Bank has a 0% for 12 months.  

I want PATIENCE...and I want it NOW
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

You might be good with Discover. I would not say it is a sure thing.
Frequent Contributor
wndrwmn78

What is your UTIL like? If you're at the golden 10% or below, I would think you have a decent chance. I was denied in April with a similar score and report, except that I had more inquiries at the time, and my UTIL was above 50% (the two denial reasons they gave me). And I agree that you may get a lower limit, but it will still be comparable to your other limits, and what a great card to have! :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Guide

Many thank for your answers. I dont think I will open with Discover right now. My score isnt good enough. I think better wait for awhile. Do you guys know any credit cards with 0% interest in 6 or 12 months on purchase except US bank like illtakecreditforthat say.

My UTIL is 20%

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

High UTIL is pretty much a major show stopper everywhere these days. Moderate UTIL may be - very issuer dependent.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Guide wrote:

Many thank for your answers. I dont think I will open with Discover right now. My score isnt good enough. I think better wait for awhile. Do you guys know any credit cards with 0% interest in 6 or 12 months on purchase except US bank like illtakecreditforthat say.

My UTIL is 20%

I would try it. Or call and ask if a 675 with 20% UTIL and no baddies is likely to be approved. I think you have a decent shot and it is a very nice card. I was approved last summer with a less perfect credit profile but 690 score and was approved for a high limit (for Discover). If you app do not expect a high limit as Discover will look to come it at around the level of your other CL's.

Guide

Just give them I call, they said they are unable to advise my chance. :smileysad:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}