Can I get approved for 675?

Hi guys,

My score is 675, and Im looking for some credit card with no interest in 6 months or 12 months. I love Discover More, do you guys think that I can get that one at my score?

Thanks for responds.

Senior Contributor

Re: Can I get approved for 675?

Guide wrote:

Hi guys,

My score is 675, and Im looking for some credit card with no interest in 6 months or 12 months. I love Discover More, do you guys think that I can get that one at my score?

Thanks for responds.

Very borderline. You would have to put up some more details of your credit picture to get a better opinion. If you are approved by Discover your likely maximum CL would be $2.5K. Could be less. But the card is good.

Let see

My Equifax Fico is 675( just check today)

I have total 5 credit card

Chase-2200CL

Macys-1800CL

Bestbuy-1200CL

CapitalOne-750CL(close on last year, but it's still on the report)

AmericanEagle-150CL(open 3 months ago by mistake)

No collection or public record.

No late payment.

5 times Inquiries from 2008 till now.

So do you think I can get Discover, if not do you know any cards that have no interest in 6 or 12 months?

Thank you.

Frequent Contributor

Guide wrote:

Let see

My Equifax Fico is 675( just check today)

I have total 5 credit card

Chase-2200CL

Macys-1800CL

Bestbuy-1200CL

CapitalOne-750CL(close on last year, but it's still on the report)

AmericanEagle-150CL(open 3 months ago by mistake)

No collection or public record.

No late payment.

5 times Inquiries from 2008 till now.

So do you think I can get Discover, if not do you know any cards that have no interest in 6 or 12 months?

Thank you.

You should be ok with Discover.  They pulled TU in California, so  you may want to check that report.  Also US Bank has a 0% for 12 months.  

I want PATIENCE...and I want it NOW
Senior Contributor

You might be good with Discover. I would not say it is a sure thing.
Frequent Contributor

What is your UTIL like? If you're at the golden 10% or below, I would think you have a decent chance. I was denied in April with a similar score and report, except that I had more inquiries at the time, and my UTIL was above 50% (the two denial reasons they gave me). And I agree that you may get a lower limit, but it will still be comparable to your other limits, and what a great card to have! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Many thank for your answers. I dont think I will open with Discover right now. My score isnt good enough. I think better wait for awhile. Do you guys know any credit cards with 0% interest in 6 or 12 months on purchase except US bank like illtakecreditforthat say.

My UTIL is 20%

Senior Contributor

High UTIL is pretty much a major show stopper everywhere these days. Moderate UTIL may be - very issuer dependent.
Senior Contributor

Guide wrote:

Many thank for your answers. I dont think I will open with Discover right now. My score isnt good enough. I think better wait for awhile. Do you guys know any credit cards with 0% interest in 6 or 12 months on purchase except US bank like illtakecreditforthat say.

My UTIL is 20%

I would try it. Or call and ask if a 675 with 20% UTIL and no baddies is likely to be approved. I think you have a decent shot and it is a very nice card. I was approved last summer with a less perfect credit profile but 690 score and was approved for a high limit (for Discover). If you app do not expect a high limit as Discover will look to come it at around the level of your other CL's.

Just give them I call, they said they are unable to advise my chance. Smiley Sad
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.