Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get approved for PRG yet?

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Can I get approved for PRG yet?

Whogavemecredit and CreditBoardPulls are outdated and has TOO MANY outliers in regards to specifically searching for PRG. 

Looking to get in w/ Amex charge to complete my profile for 2 years. 

EQ Fico 635

EXP Plus FAKO Score: 720 (Experian.com)

Oldest account 1.4 years.

AAOA: 10 Months

Util: 23%

Lots of inqs.

Specifcally EXP: 4 within the last 12 months.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
drinkthekoolaid
Valued Member

Re: Can I get approved for PRG yet?

Even though you have multiple credit cards it does seem like a light credit profile. What is your annual income; because that could really help determine the outcome. Amex seems to look past light good credit if the income is high. They look for the ability to pay, and also do you have alot of balances on your current CC’s?

AMEX BCE - $27,000 ~ Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA SIGNATURE- $24,000~ AMEX Platinum -$NPSL ~ Citi Diamond Preferred $10,000
USAA MASTERCARD - $10,000 Commerce Bank Visa $8,000~
USAA Student VISA - $1,000 ~ Chase Freedom - $500
Message 2 of 12
Rackham94
Established Contributor

It is reporting 26% for last month this month I paid everything at zero except American Eagle has $1.00 and Freedom was 890 and paid it to $120.00

Dividend was 900 paid it to $100.00 everything else zero last month all cards had balances except cap1 and american eagle

So when everything reports it should be less than 10% if I do not charge anything else on any card

income is 56k

more than 30k in assets and ira and money market etc

Message 3 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

IMO, your util is too high along with a thin file. The number of inq's aren't that high (4 in 12 mos) . I'd say work on the util and go for it around the end of the year.
Message 4 of 12
drinkthekoolaid
Valued Member

Once you’re paid down balances are reported I would go for it, the assets and income should get you over the hump... Even @ 26% utilization I wouldn’t be scared to apply because it’s not at a high % level. Once again though you do have a thin file and not a long length of history, so amex might see that as a higher risk. I just got my AMEX GOLD PR two months ago and I was around the 34% utilization when I applied and I was instantly approved.  So it’s tough to say that 26% will be the reason they decline you. Worst case they give you the 7-10day message and you have to call the recon line and if the reason they declined you is due to high credit utilization you could tell them you can provide proof of paid down balances on your current credit cards. 

AMEX BCE - $27,000 ~ Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA SIGNATURE- $24,000~ AMEX Platinum -$NPSL ~ Citi Diamond Preferred $10,000
Message 5 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Amex does not recon (like other lenders) unless there is an error on your cr.

To the other poster who was approved at 34% - it looks like you also have a Zync so your history with them make have assisted in your approval. It also looks like your cc's / history may be more established.
Message 6 of 12
Rackham94
Established Contributor

interested in a revolver are the guidelines for successful approval for Delta Gold the same or more stringent ? 

Message 7 of 12
drinkthekoolaid
Valued Member

Revolvers are tougher to get with Amex than the charge cards

Message 8 of 12
blk8
Regular Contributor

I just app'd 30 min ago with a slightly highter score but a few other factors and was denied for the Green Card. I just posted a thread as well. YMMV.

@Rackham94 wrote:

Whogavemecredit and CreditBoardPulls are outdated and has TOO MANY outliers in regards to specifically searching for PRG. 

EQ Fico 635

Lots of inqs.

@Rackham94 wrote:

EQ Fico 635

Lots of inqs.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 9 of 12
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@blk8 wrote:

I just app'd 30 min ago with a slightly highter score but a few other factors and was denied for the Green Card. I just posted a thread as well. YMMV.

Recon on it buddie.

My DH got approved after instant denied with 2k on her BCP.

**WARNING: Might required another HP thou.

To OP: Paid all your card to 0 balance and let only one card report small balance then you probably have a better shot.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.