Valued Member
Objectivist

Can I get approved for Visa Signature cards?

I only make $20,000 a year. I heard there was a minimum credit limit of $5,000 to qualify. No way I'll get that high of a limit. My highest limit right now is $3,000. There are a lot of Visa Signature cards that I won't though such as the BofA Hawaii card. Any chance for me getting this?

Starting Score: 657
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
somnipotent

Re: Can I get approved for Visa Signature cards?

I'm pretty sure there are HHI requirements for most Visa Sig apps... not sure for all, but yeah I would assume that you'd have to be above 70k.  Just my thoughts.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Valued Member
DailyDriver

[ Edited ]

M, I make 25k a year and have the limits mentioned in my signature, although none are visa signa

Citi Forward $6K l Citi Dividend World Mastercard $7.5K l Discover More $8K l Chase Freedom $4K l Amex Hilton HHonors $3.4K l NFCU GoRewards Visa 10K
Frequent Contributor
somnipotent

How many HPs do you have?  With your score you could app for one and see...

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Valued Member
Objectivist

Omaplatypus wrote:

How many HPs do you have?  With your score you could app for one and see...

6 HP's with Trans...BofA and Chase always pull trans for me.  Hmm...I'll definitely give it a shot. At least I'll find out why I'm denied if I do get denied.

Frequent Contributor
TheConductor

[ Edited ]

Although only the Hawaiian Visa Signature is shown on the BoA site, there are actually also Platinum and Classic versions available via Hawaiian's site.

I say go for the Signature first if that's what you want, but if you're denied I suspect they might automatically approve you for the Platinum instead, or if not you could call in to recon and ask for the Platinum.

http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/hawaiianmiles/visa-card-programs

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12) Current: EQ 675 (myFICO 9/26/13), EX 712 (CreditSesame FAKO 10/9/13) , TU 696 (WalMart 10/3/13) Goal: 700+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $10k, Amex Zync NPSL (> 10k), Chase CSP VS $9.2k, C1 Venture VS $5k, Amex SPG $4.5k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Walmart (Store) $1.2k, Chase Freedom V $600, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Best Buy Rewards MC $500
Dream Wallet:Barclaycard Arrival WMC (replace C1 Venture), Amex Platinum (replace Zync eventually), Andrews FCU Global V (chip + PIN for travel). Otherwise, pretty happy with my portfolio now.
Valued Member
Objectivist

TheConductor wrote:

Although only the Hawaiian Visa Signature is shown on the BoA site, there are actually also Platinum and Classic versions available via Hawaiian's site.

I say go for the Signature first if that's what you want, but if you're denied I suspect they might automatically approve you for the Platinum instead, or if not you could call in to recon and ask for the Platinum.

http://www.hawaiianairlines.com/hawaiianmiles/visa-card-programs

Hey that's an excellent point! However, I'm mainly interested in the higher bonus miles when getting the Signature.

Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

Objectivist wrote:

I only make $20,000 a year. I heard there was a minimum credit limit of $5,000 to qualify. No way I'll get that high of a limit. My highest limit right now is $3,000. There are a lot of Visa Signature cards that I won't though such as the BofA Hawaii card. Any chance for me getting this?

Try speaking to an underwriter/analyst at Bank of America to see if that card has a minimum credit line required for approval. Some banks (Barclays, for instance) will not issue a Signature card under $5k, but others will.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+