Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get decent CCs with this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get decent CCs with this?

Not sure if I'm going to get much more traction on disputes and the 35 yo Amex AU is still up in the air.

If nothing else comes off and I don't get Amex AU, any chance I'll get a decent card/CL with TU or Efx:

TU
2 Year Citi $10k/$100 Bal - Perfect - AU
10 Year Discover $10k/$20 Bal - Perfect - AU
Midland Collection - Expires 6/08 - $1700
Professional Collection - Expires 9/08 - $1500
Cap1 CO - Expires 9/08 - $1200
Paid Tax Lien - Expires 3/08 (yep 2001 was a bad year)

Efax:
2 Year Citi $10k/$100 Bal - Perfect - AU
10 Year Discover $10k/$20 Bal - Perfect - AU
Paid Medical Collection (in full as of December)
Cap1 CO - Expires 9/08 - $1200
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I get decent CCs with this?

What are your scores like?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooops sorry:
Efx: 667
TU : 654
Exp (which I wont' use since still a lot of derogs): 660

Question is if I pull the trigger now and do get approved, once the derogs fall off and I also have a few months of payments, will my CLIs go up significantly since my scores will as well or will they base it on initial review?
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Definitely replace those two cards, just in case they drop off (if? when?) when the scoring formula changes.

In my very limited experience of following credit and through reading here, I found that a vast majority of CLIs resulted not because of the score, but rather through the history with the CCC. I know I could be wrong, esp. since CCCs will often do soft pulls when requesting a CLI, but I've read where some people are still having score/credit problem all the while receiving CLIs.

Nonetheless, I'd call your future new cards every 3-4-6 months and ask for a CLI. Out of the 7 new cards I have, two are secured and don't give CLIs. Target is another who don't give CLIs. Of the 4 left, I asked already for CLIs on the 4 and got 3 to increase (Macys, Bloomies, & Credit One). Only one left is Junny SeaMiles and they declined my request, never gave a reason, but with the turmoil going on with them, I'm now hush-hush.

I like to use CB's database for cards and approvals. Whogavemecredit works too.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.