Did you mean: 

Can I get the CSP Bonus again?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I get the CSP Bonus again?

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone thinks that 5/24 includes anything other than credit cards.

Seems like people just repeating a misunderstanding. The denial reason is for 5 or more credit cards in the last 24 months, not 5 mortgages, 5 auto loans, or 5 personal lines of credit.

The OP is therefore at 4/24 and should at least not be denied for too many credit cards in the last 24 months.

Sorry to say it's 5 accounts not 5 CC's Smiley Sad Lol

Exactly.  It appears wanderingbuilder is the one misundersating.  The letters with the reasons (for those who have been declined) speak for themselves.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry you seem offended FinStar, but i have seen plenty of members of this forum who's experiences support that the limitation is 5 credit cards, not 5 accounts of all types of credit combined.

If you're just going to be upset because someone doesn't agree with your opinion you may want to avoid Internet forums.
Message 12 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm sorry you seem offended FinStar, but i have seen plenty of members of this forum who's experiences support that the limitation is 5 credit cards, not 5 accounts of all types of credit combined.

If you're just going to be upset because someone doesn't agree with your opinion you may want to avoid Internet forums.

I'm not upset nor offended.  Just pointing to factual information that people have shared (letter-wise), not just on MF but other forums as well.  I'm not looking for your agreement.  We are simply explaining to the OP the YEMV scenarios.  Again, since you're not a Chase UW nor can confirm how their algorithms work, it's all an assumption.  By that same token, other individual's experiences are not going to mirror that for the OP.  And, as you noticed in my first post, I simply stated to the OP the various scenarios that had been cited by others and the OP was welcome to try.

This isn't rocket science, just an application with any possible outcome.

Message 13 of 17
gnay
Valued Member

Thanks for the input. I guess it is a YMMV situation. Will it be ok to apply for CSP while having the CS open & without affecting the bonus eligibility? Does CHASE treat those two as independent products? There is no real reason to close the CS if I were to get declined for CSP.

Message 14 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@gnay wrote:

Thanks for the input. I guess it is a YMMV situation. Will it be ok to apply for CSP while having the CS open & without affecting the bonus eligibility? Does CHASE treat those two as independent products? There is no real reason to close the CS if I were to get declined for CSP.

Yes OP, you can apply with the CS still active.  This shouldn't affect the bonus eligibility since CS and CSP (while in the same family) are considered separate products.

Message 15 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@gnay wrote:

Yes OP, you can apply with the CS still active.  This shouldn't affect the bonus eligibility since CS and CSP (while in the same family) are considered separate products.

Correct 

Also to note if approved and you don't need the CS you can roll that limit into CSP

Good luck should you pull the trigger I'll be pulling for you 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@gnay wrote:

Correct 

Also to note if approved and you don't need the CS you can roll that limit into CSP

Good luck should you pull the trigger I'll be pulling for you 

Yes, let us know the outcome once you decide to take the plunge OP!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.