Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have 2 capital one cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I have 2 capital one cards?

Hello. I recently went to the cap one website and was pre qualified for the platinum and quicksilver. I pulled the trigger on the quicksilver and was approved but not sure the limit. Still waiting for it to come in the mail but hoping its a good limit! (Anyone know what kind of limits QS offers?)

So, my question is can I apply for the platinum card as well?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I have 2 capital one cards?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello. I recently went to the cap one website and was pre qualified for the platinum and quicksilver. I pulled the trigger on the quicksilver and was approved but not sure the limit. Still waiting for it to come in the mail but hoping its a good limit! (Anyone know what kind of limits QS offers?)

Thanks!

Yes, just keep in mind that Cap One pulls from all 3 credit bureaus so you might want to consider some other card depending on your credit profile.

Message 2 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, just keep in mind that Cap One pulls from all 3 credit bureaus so you might want to consider some other card depending on your credit profile.

Right, you don't have to get a card just because you are "preapproved" (which is no guarantee anyway).  The Cap One plat is not so worthwhile.

As for limits, all over the place from a few hundred to tens of thousands.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

So even though they just pulled all 3 CR on Monday for the quicksilver and I was approved then they will also pull 3 more CR if I apply for the platinum? The quicksilver has a limit of tens of thousands?
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So even though they just pulled all 3 CR on Monday for the quicksilver and I was approved then they will also pull 3 more CR if I apply for the platinum? The quicksilver has a limit of tens of thousands?

Yes, they will pull all 3 again.  His point about the CLs is that they range in those amounts from low to high. It certainly doesn't mean that you will get one that high

Message 5 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, they will pull all 3 again.  His point about the CLs is that they range in those amounts from low to high. It certainly doesn't mean that you will get one that high

Right, I have two, with CL of $35K and $20K, but you also see those with $500.    Most cards have no published upper limit, but you get what you get!

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I will find out how much my limit is when it comes in the mail? I was approved on Monday morning. I wonder when I should receive the card by. I live in PA.
Message 7 of 26
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

You can also call them & they'll give you the limit.  I applied for one earlier in the year & got the "7-10" day message & then a few days got an email saying I was approved & the card was on the way.  I'm impatient so I called & they told me the limit. 

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I guess I will find out how much my limit is when it comes in the mail? I was approved on Monday morning. I wonder when I should receive the card by. I live in PA.

It also depends if you're talking about the quicksilver or quicksilver 1. 

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe it's the quicksilver? The rewards card.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.