Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I keep Amex & Citi?

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: Can I keep Amex & Citi?

@HenryJumbo wrote:

Bad advice. You can't trust anyone for 3-5 years not to overcharge your CC. Also I'm pretty sure it's illegal and you and the person can probably get in trouble. I think the plan of getting a P.O. Box with automatic bill and payment is good. However it might be pretty expensive.

Obviously  LS and I are not trying to give bad advice......our posts are saying that he would really have to have someone that he could FULLY trust for the 3-5 years to handle the cards, our posts also imply that if he DID NOT have such a person, then Obviously he should not do it. the P.O. Box MIGHT work but there could be a whole host of problems that could arise that he would not be able to do anything about. it really does not solve the issue of usage with the no AF card either

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 31
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I would pc the Amex to zync to save on af.  No difference to your credit file.  I don't think af on Amex will be enough.  I would do Netflix or something cheap for recurrIng ( Netflix on demand is less than 10 dollars a month) on both cards.  Also I wouldn't do mailbox etc.  do a mail forwarding service to prison so you can keep eye on credit cards.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 31
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Btw you can probably ask for cli while in prison Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 31
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

whahahahahhaha

Inmate: "Hey I'm calling about the new Discover IT card that came out today

Rep: "okay let me sign you up, where do you live"

Inmate: "123 State Prison road, cell 24A"

Rep: "and your inmate number is?"

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 14 of 31
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

I would pc the Amex to zync to save on af.  No difference to your credit file.  I don't think af on Amex will be enough.  I would do Netflix or something cheap for recurrIng ( Netflix on demand is less than 10 dollars a month) on both cards.  Also I wouldn't do mailbox etc.  do a mail forwarding service to prison so you can keep eye on credit cards.

+1 i woild recomend huluplus and netflix subscriptions should be less than $10 each... Then setup autopay and paperless statements on the accounts,  shred the cards you can request new cards when you get out. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 15 of 31
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@HenryJumbo wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

whahahahahhaha

Inmate: "Hey I'm calling about the new Discover IT card that came out today

Rep: "okay let me sign you up, where do you live"

Inmate: "123 State Prison road, cell 24A"

Rep: "and your inmate number is?"

that's what mail forwarding is for.  I thought prisons have Internet access now

Message 16 of 31
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

I know what you meant I just thought it was funny the idea of asking for a CLI in jail lol.

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 17 of 31
swpopham
Established Contributor

henry, how did you do your sig? ive been screwing with it for days now?

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 18 of 31
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Why have a mailbox when you can signup from paperless statements? I know for a fact that inmates do have Internet access. I too think you should sign up for something reoccurring like Netflx or a gym membership and have  them auto billed to your account automatically to keep activity going. 

Message 19 of 31
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

is amex not doing backdating anymore?  couldnt the op just shut down amex now then reapply when hes a freebird?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.