cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pay for someone else's CC via ACH Pull?

tag
KhuKhu
New Contributor

Can I pay for someone else's CC via ACH Pull?

Can I sign onto my mom's Amex account, add my bank account information, and she can do an ACH payment pull every month? Is this legal?

FWIW, we have different last names & addresses.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Re: Can I pay for someone else's CC via ACH Pull?

If you are an ACM, wouldn't it be easier to pay from your own log-in?

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes you can.

Message 3 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@KhuKhu wrote:

Can I sign onto my mom's Amex account, add my bank account information, and she can do an ACH payment pull every month? Is this legal?

FWIW, we have different last names & addresses.

My guess is that it is alright as long as your mom gave you her login, or at least permission to login to her account.

They don't really care who's paying for the bills as long as they are getting paid and the payments are not getting bounced.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 9
KhuKhu
New Contributor

She (or I) are not ACMs at all. Two totally seperate accounts. I wanted to pay off one of her cards and thought this would be easier. 

And yes, i created her Amex login account many moons ago, so she knows I have access to her online account. But instead of me reminding myself to push payments, i thought it'd be easier if she had my bank info on the website and so she can control the payments every month, leaves me worry free. 

thanks for the responses.

Message 5 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

If you are worried, you can push the payment through your own bank's billpay system.

Then again, I doubt you will have any issues with just paying it off online by logging into her account. There shouldn't be any issues, unless its for a large amount of money, then they might just call her (or you) or put the money on hold to verify.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 9
KhuKhu
New Contributor

@enharu wrote:

If you are worried, you can push the payment through your own bank's billpay system.

Then again, I doubt you will have any issues with just paying it off online by logging into her account. There shouldn't be any issues, unless its for a large amount of money, then they might just call her (or you) or put the money on hold to verify.

From the responses here, i don't think i'll worry. Yeah i could always push the payment from my own bank account, but i want one less bill to worry about on my end. If she controls it from her end, then i'm worry free. The payments won't be any larger than $1000/month. TY.

Message 7 of 9
Anf_dude
Contributor

This Should Be Okay. I've Paid My Dad's Before.
Message 8 of 9
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

No specific experience with amex per se, but me and the longtime girlfriend pay each other's accounts all the time. (and we're not any kind of authorized users on each others accounts, either).

Our funds and expenses are generally comingled, so we tend to have both of our individual checking accounts already set up on each other's CC accounts.. 

i.e ill pay her CC account with my checking, or she'll pay my CC account with her checking, and every other possible combination.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.