Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pay old cc chargeoff with current cc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I pay old cc chargeoff with current cc

I have saved enough to go ahead and pay off an old American Express chargeoff this month.   But I got to thinking if I could pay it with my current quicksilver card and get the rewards from it.  Does anyone know if this is possible.  The amount due is 1813.00 so that would be a decent amount of rewards, Not to mention show great usage on the card.  I will pay it off as soon as it post to card, so I won't be carrying a balance.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I pay old cc chargeoff with current cc

If it is a charge off with Amex, they will not take a CC.  You will have to find other payment methods.  But call Amex to see if they can maybe make an exception.

Message 2 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As Yes-its-me stated most CC companies will not take CC's as payment for CO's..  Some will take debit cards such as Cap1, not sure about Amex..  So ya you won't be getting any cash back unless you have a debit card that gives you some back, but not sure amex takes debit, i know Cap1 does as when I settled a very old CO a few months ago by debit.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If it is a charge off with Amex, they will not take a CC.  You will have to find other payment methods.  But call Amex to see if they can maybe make an exception.

Well shoot, It  was just a thought anyways.  Thanks for the responses.  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have saved enough to go ahead and pay off an old American Express chargeoff this month.   But I got to thinking if I could pay it with my current quicksilver card and get the rewards from it.  Does anyone know if this is possible.  The amount due is 1813.00 so that would be a decent amount of rewards, Not to mention show great usage on the card.  I will pay it off as soon as it post to card, so I won't be carrying a balance.  

I would also think that the QS card would think that it is a balance transfer which would not quailify for rewards.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.