cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I qualify for an AMEX BCP/BCE or Costco TrueEarnings?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Can I qualify for an AMEX BCP/BCE or Costco TrueEarnings?

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to apply for an AMEX credit card which I can use for purchases at Costco (BCE, BCP, or Costco TrueEarnings) and carry a balance from time-to-time. Here are my stats:

• I have account history that goes back 14 months.
  • Cap 1 with $1,750 CL - 2% UTIL - Highest Bal. $928 - No Lates - 14mos old
  • Chase Auto/Installment Loan - $19k/$327mo - No Lates - 4mos old 
  • (5) Inquiries - (1) for the orig Cap 1; and (4) for the auto loan (all 4 were within a 10-day period)
  • EQ FICO: 728 - 1/6/12 & EX PLUS: 717 - 1/6/12
  • Income: $55k / yr

OR...

If it's doubtful that I would qualify for either of those 2, then which other rewards cards (VISA / MC) would be recommended considering my current history?

I am a Newbie to this sight and any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank-you!

It's possible you could get Costco or BCP, I don't think BCE. It would have been in your favor with your thin file if you had an existing relationship with AMEX. I would recommend going for the Zync.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

If you are interested in AMEX cards, you might consider starting with the Zync charge card ~ then apping for BCP or BCE after a few months of good history.

The AMEX Charge cards are easier to get than the revolver cards....

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I tried the pre-selector sight earlier today and it listed pre-selection for the Gold, Green, and ZYNC cards.

I'm ok with one of those if they get my foot-in-the-door with AMEX.

But what about the Costco TrueEarnings card, is it just as difficult to get as the BCE/BCP?

I still want to get at least one more revolving card right now. Is the HP from AMEX going to make it harder to qualify for another revolver, if so, should

I just forget about the AMEX for now and go for 2 more revolvers?

I would say yes, and since their pre-qualifier pretty much gave you all charge cards I think you should be fine getting Zync / Green.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 16
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I tried the pre-selector sight earlier today and it listed pre-selection for the Gold, Green, and ZYNC cards.

I'm ok with one of those if they get my foot-in-the-door with AMEX.

But what about the Costco TrueEarnings card, is it just as difficult to get as the BCE/BCP?

I still want to get at least one more revolving card right now. Is the HP from AMEX going to make it harder to qualify for another revolver, if so, should

I just forget about the AMEX for now and go for 2 more revolvers?

I would say yes, and since their pre-qualifier pretty much gave you all charge cards I think you should be fine getting Zync / Green.

+1 

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 14 of 16
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to apply for an AMEX credit card which I can use for purchases at Costco (BCE, BCP, or Costco TrueEarnings) and carry a balance from time-to-time. Here are my stats:

• I have account history that goes back 14 months.
  • Cap 1 with $1,750 CL - 2% UTIL - Highest Bal. $928 - No Lates - 14mos old
  • Chase Auto/Installment Loan - $19k/$327mo - No Lates - 4mos old 
  • (5) Inquiries - (1) for the orig Cap 1; and (4) for the auto loan (all 4 were within a 10-day period)
  • EQ FICO: 728 - 1/6/12 & EX PLUS: 717 - 1/6/12
  • Income: $55k / yr

OR...

If it's doubtful that I would qualify for either of those 2, then which other rewards cards (VISA / MC) would be recommended considering my current history?

I am a Newbie to this sight and any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank-you!

welcome to the forums,,, i dont worry about HP's, if i was u i would app the BCP 1st and if u dont get an instant approval app for the zync, u will get the zync i believeSmiley Surprised

Message 15 of 16
CS800
Super Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

I waited for 8 months and that wasn't enough for AMEX. Some here suggest at least 1+ year. Smiley Sad

I got the BCE 3 months after getting the Zync. But it might have helped me since I have a very good previous history with AMEX.

But if you don have that history I would wait 1 yr as you said

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.