Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Can I qualify for an AMEX BCP/BCE or Costco TrueEarnings?

Compnetmd wrote:

I want to apply for an AMEX credit card which I can use for purchases at Costco (BCE, BCP, or Costco TrueEarnings) and carry a balance from time-to-time. Here are my stats:

• I have account history that goes back 14 months.
  • Cap 1 with $1,750 CL - 2% UTIL - Highest Bal. $928 - No Lates - 14mos old
  • Chase Auto/Installment Loan - $19k/$327mo - No Lates - 4mos old 
  • (5) Inquiries - (1) for the orig Cap 1; and (4) for the auto loan (all 4 were within a 10-day period)
  • EQ FICO: 728 - 1/6/12 & EX PLUS: 717 - 1/6/12
  • Income: $55k / yr

OR...

If it's doubtful that I would qualify for either of those 2, then which other rewards cards (VISA / MC) would be recommended considering my current history?

I am a Newbie to this sight and any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank-you!

It's possible you could get Costco or BCP, I don't think BCE. It would have been in your favor with your thin file if you had an existing relationship with AMEX. I would recommend going for the Zync.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Mega Contributor
LS2982

pizzadude wrote:

If you are interested in AMEX cards, you might consider starting with the Zync charge card ~ then apping for BCP or BCE after a few months of good history.

The AMEX Charge cards are easier to get than the revolver cards....

+1

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Compnetmd wrote:

Yeah, I tried the pre-selector sight earlier today and it listed pre-selection for the Gold, Green, and ZYNC cards.

I'm ok with one of those if they get my foot-in-the-door with AMEX.

But what about the Costco TrueEarnings card, is it just as difficult to get as the BCE/BCP?

I still want to get at least one more revolving card right now. Is the HP from AMEX going to make it harder to qualify for another revolver, if so, should

I just forget about the AMEX for now and go for 2 more revolvers?

I would say yes, and since their pre-qualifier pretty much gave you all charge cards I think you should be fine getting Zync / Green.

Starting Score:
Valued Contributor
RockinRay

LS2982 wrote:

Compnetmd wrote:

Yeah, I tried the pre-selector sight earlier today and it listed pre-selection for the Gold, Green, and ZYNC cards.

I'm ok with one of those if they get my foot-in-the-door with AMEX.

But what about the Costco TrueEarnings card, is it just as difficult to get as the BCE/BCP?

I still want to get at least one more revolving card right now. Is the HP from AMEX going to make it harder to qualify for another revolver, if so, should

I just forget about the AMEX for now and go for 2 more revolvers?

I would say yes, and since their pre-qualifier pretty much gave you all charge cards I think you should be fine getting Zync / Green.

+1 

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Valued Contributor
dalebb

Compnetmd wrote:

I want to apply for an AMEX credit card which I can use for purchases at Costco (BCE, BCP, or Costco TrueEarnings) and carry a balance from time-to-time. Here are my stats:

• I have account history that goes back 14 months.
  • Cap 1 with $1,750 CL - 2% UTIL - Highest Bal. $928 - No Lates - 14mos old
  • Chase Auto/Installment Loan - $19k/$327mo - No Lates - 4mos old 
  • (5) Inquiries - (1) for the orig Cap 1; and (4) for the auto loan (all 4 were within a 10-day period)
  • EQ FICO: 728 - 1/6/12 & EX PLUS: 717 - 1/6/12
  • Income: $55k / yr

OR...

If it's doubtful that I would qualify for either of those 2, then which other rewards cards (VISA / MC) would be recommended considering my current history?

I am a Newbie to this sight and any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank-you!

welcome to the forums,,, i dont worry about HP's, if i was u i would app the BCP 1st and if u dont get an instant approval app for the zync, u will get the zync i believe:smileysurprised:

Super Contributor
CS800

trumpet-205 wrote:

I waited for 8 months and that wasn't enough for AMEX. Some here suggest at least 1+ year. :smileysad:

I got the BCE 3 months after getting the Zync. But it might have helped me since I have a very good previous history with AMEX.

But if you don have that history I would wait 1 yr as you said

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+