Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I qualify for an AMEX?

tag
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Can I qualify for an AMEX?

History:

2 Auto loans - Chase 2.5 yrs and Wells Fargo 6 months [transferred from Cap1 to get lower interest rate] - on time no late's ever with Cap1, Wells and Chase all on time as well and no late's ever

Total of 9 Revolver/Cc's - PayPal SC 1.5 yrs $2.4k, Cap1 1.7 yrs $2.5k, Orchard/Cap1 1.5 yrs. $2.5k, Cap1 6 months $2.5k, Kohls 1.7 yrs $1k, Walmart 7 months $2k,
CreditOne 1 yr $650, Barclay NFL 6 months $1.4k, Target 6 months $200

No mortgage - renting for 7 yrs while rebuilding

1 bad - med bill judgement 2 years old that was satisfied and updated on CR's as paid/satisfied 3/13

7 hp's within last two years 4 of which are 6 months and 1 only one month old

Walmart TU is 707 as of 5/13 with 18-20% utilization - utilization will be at or close to 0% when I want to apply at end of this month

Annual Salary $52k with combined household being $90k[includes wife] - we have joint checking

No liquid assets

Length of time at current job 1.8 yrs

All revolver/cc's paid on time and always pay more than minimum

Had high utilization at holidays almost 90% ($4k of credit lines) CL's were low - have been given plus $4k in CLI's in last 30 days - the most recent HP I mentioned earlier was for the CLI from Barclays NFL

All three CR's are pretty much identical(pulled all 3 in April 2013) although my only "real" recent FIFO reference is Walmart TU - once again a 707 although I expect it to go up with the utilization going from 18% to less than 1% - all statements will generate in the next 1-2 days and I'm hoping when the statements generate all revolvers/cc's will report within a week or so

I am planning a recon with Barclay's and PayPal SC in the next week or so since I wasn't given the full CLI I requested - utilization at the time of request for CLI was between 30% - 40% across all accounts - the only way I'll try to get an additional CLI is if they guarantee a soft pull

Well, there you have it. I know I should age accounts and wait for HP's to fall off but I just don't want to wait another 6 months to 2 yrs before I get a prime cc. However, if I don't have a least a fair chance then I guess I'll don't have much choice. Don't worry about hurting my feelings. I'm pretty thick skinned so please...tell it like it is but if there is hope I'd like to have some. I've always been good when dealing with people on the phone if that makes any difference. My plan is to call in my app instead of using the on-line.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Re: Can I qualify for an AMEX?

First Amex will look up your Experian CR... how is that one?

I see you just paid the collection as 3/13? that might get you a denial.

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 2 of 26
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Hmmmm. Although YMMV, I was instantly approved for the Blue Sky with a relatvely slim history, low AAoA, My highest limit was $2,500 and my UTIL was well over 50% at that time. My Experian was a 707. It seems like you may have a decent shot but as always, YMMV!!

AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 3 of 26
mcf
Contributor

Its definitely a YMMV with amex, but you look like your on the right path for sure! so good luck and honestly you never know unless you try. Its a tough thing to hear but you wont be happy until you complete your wallet! Im a bad influence haha..

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 26
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

I'm not really sure about Experian FICO. The only was to get a real one is by applying for something. What I do know is all my credit reports could qualify as identical triplets. There is literally little to nothing different between the three and all three only show the 1 med bill judgement which once again is actually 2 years old but paid in full as of 3/13.
Message 5 of 26
eagles08
Regular Contributor

Which card do you want, just out of curiosity? 

AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 6 of 26
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Sorry...mean't to say...the only way to get a real Experian FICO that I know of is to apply for something.
Message 7 of 26
mcf
Contributor

I went the route of PRG then using same hit for the delta.. i got the prg but a wait on the delta... Just my experience. I had read it was easier that route. Is it factual probably not.lol

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Message 8 of 26
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I'm fairly certain that the judgment will be a show stopper with AMEX. Major derogatory items will make it difficult to get approved.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 26
mcf
Contributor

yeh maybe just because the DOLA would show as 3/13 paid.. or satisfied.. so maybe. i dont know how that works.. all my baddies were 3 yrs old..

maybe try and get it vacated. does that work or is a such thing lol.. im not alwayer, i did play one on tv once.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.