Message 11 of 14
ontheuptick
Established Member

Re: Can I qualify for prime credit card

@ontheuptick wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

You already know most of us are going to ask if you can join NFCU Smiley LOL

I guess I need to look into it 

I just called them I can't make the correlation (no family currently serving or retired).  I served but was discharged in 06 and I have no IRR time left. Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 664
Current Score: 738 EQ Beacon 6/11
721 EX fair isaac V2 6/11
727 TU04 6/11

Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Op take that letter they emailed you and fax it to the CRA's they will delete while your still on phone. Speeds things up a little. Cause you dont really want to wait do u??

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 13 of 14
KBraggs
Valued Member

ontheuptick,

Getting the CO removed from your CR could potentially be a game changer for you, as long as you have no other significant negative entries.

I had a CO from 2008 removed a few months ago and my score went up 60 points to the 690's & 700's. I immediately applied for AmEx Zync (who had turned me down each year for the last 3 years) and was instantly approved for a ZYNC with a hard limit and a barclay visa. Wasn't expecting huge credit lines, I just wanted my foot in the door.

IMO, I would apply for lower-end cards with prime lenders. Citi Forward, AmEx Zync, and BoA . Word of advice about the BoA card, apply for the 123 rewards card since they are more likely to give you counteroffer if you don't meet their requirements for the traditional unsecured card. I have been denied 3 times when applying directly for their secured card.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.