Can I recon for Walmart store card?

tag
uroosa1
Established Member

Can I recon for Walmart store card?

I applied for Walmart Discover with 687 TU 40% utilz

i was denied. 

Why was i not considered for the regurlar store card then

Can I recon or contact execetive office? will recon result in HP?

Or would it better to just reapply for the store card. i was just 

approved for 6k lowes. so i should get walmart. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Can I recon for Walmart store card?

@uroosa1 wrote:

i was denied. 

I thought if you apply for discover walmart and your credit was not good enough, they would automatically qualify you for their regular store card, thats at least what happened to me. I would wait till more people chime in don't want you to waste another HP for nothing. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@uroosa1 wrote:

i was denied. 

I thought if you apply for discover walmart and your credit was not good enough, they would automatically qualify you for their regular store card, thats at least what happened to me. I would wait till more people chime in don't want you to waste another HP for nothing. 

Correct 

When applying for Walmart the Discover version is considered first and if you don't meet the requirments then the store card is considered 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 6
1_2
Contributor

When I applied online last March I think it was for a Walmart Discover  and then they sent me the regular card. I dont think I had a choice in which one I was applying for but I cant remember positively.

I do know that a friend of mine applied the same day on the same computer -- he has a long history of outstanding credit and he was given the Discover card. At that time he applied because Walmart was giving 15 cents off each gallon of gas purchased. Now they have stopped that and I think its only 3 cents off.

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 4 of 6
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@uroosa1 wrote:

i was denied. 

As others have said, there's just one application for a Walmart card. They consider you first for the Walmart Discover. If you don't qualify for that, they then consider you for the store card. If you didn't get either, then you don't qualify -- for now.

You can definitely recon. There's a backdoor credit analyst number somewhere around the forum and it's actually best to call that number during nights or weekends, so you're in luck there. You can at least use it to get an idea why you were denied, and maybe they'll even approve you. Worth a try.

40 percent util is a little high, but a 687 TU CS is usually good for Walmart. Is that score a FICO or a FAKO? Any baddies on your report? Too many inquiries? A bankruptcy? Anything?

Message 5 of 6
adavis425
Established Contributor

@1_2 wrote:

When I applied online last March I think it was for a Walmart Discover  and then they sent me the regular card. I dont think I had a choice in which one I was applying for but I cant remember positively.

I do know that a friend of mine applied the same day on the same computer -- he has a long history of outstanding credit and he was given the Discover card. At that time he applied because Walmart was giving 15 cents off each gallon of gas purchased. Now they have stopped that and I think its only 3 cents off.

Right, you just apply and hope for the best, Smiley Happy I apped in-store. Don't know if that matters. 40% util is a bit high (as others have said).

The 15 cents off promotion comes and goes. I got 5 cents off today.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.