cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I request capital one to mid-cycle update?

tag
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

Can I request capital one to mid-cycle update?

See title.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I request capital one to mid-cycle update?

I think for that you might need to call the EO of which its worth a call. EO would be the only who could tell you if they are willing to do it or not.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 6
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

@subwaysandwich wrote:

See title.

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS!

We all know the saying "Don't poke the bear"...well I unfortunately poked the CapitalOne bear for a mid-cycle update and dealt with the nightmare for 2 months.

Long story short, I paid off a CapitalOne auto loan due to a refi with DCU.  Sent a SM asking (not requesting) if they are able to do a mid-cycle update.  Next day got a reply saying "We're sorry to hear that your account information is not correct on your credit report.  We have opened a dispute to have this resolved."  Uh...Say What?

Sure, they updated my reports, but at the expense of having the dreaded "This Account is in Dispute" on the remarks.

It took 2 months of sheer pain/torture through SM, phone, and finally executive office to have the remarks removed.

Moral of the story, CapitalOne does NOT do mid-cycle updates.  They will gladly open a dispute for you though (even without you asking)!!!

You have been warned LOL

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 3 of 6
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have a similar experience? lol...dont wanna poke the bear......

Message 4 of 6
Simply827
Established Contributor

Sometimes if you update your account (address, email, etc) it will force a mid-cycle update. Worth a try.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told by one of their chat agents that they don't do mid-cycle updates. But consider the source.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.