Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still be denied for BofA Secured?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I still be denied for BofA Secured?

Hello,

I applied for a BofA credit card and was offered the secured card.  I knew this was going to happed but wanted to get my foot in the BofA door.  Smiley Happy   After reading some more I see that it's not a guarantee that I get approved for the secured card.  Smiley Sad  When I applied, I did an electronic funding transfer from my credit union.  The funding cleared my account 2 days later.  Would they take the money from my account if they weren't going to approve me?!? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I still be denied for BofA Secured?

I was denied when I first started repair and had a 580 or so on EX. If they took the money then I'd think that you are approved.
Message 2 of 7
Guardian
Valued Contributor

I would assume that if they are going to take the money, a good faith transaction has occured and it is safe to assume this means you got it. So just call and check with them on the status or give it some time and you'll know for sure.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

There always seems to be a delay in getting the secured card going, which (understandably) freaks everyone out.

I do think though that if they took your money, you're in.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
davidboca
Contributor

Yes, you are probably gong to get your card....unless you have had ,or still have an unresolved issue with BOA or one of the many entities that are part of the BOA family. If one ever had an unpaid CO with BOA, then that is definitely going to be a denial for a secured card. 
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not know if BofA is the same way, but Citi cashed my check and then turned around and declined me. So, I think it is 50/50. Good luck...I hope you get your card.
Message 6 of 7
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

I have read of people having their $ taken + being denied later, but it seems to be rare

Btw, just b/c you have had an unpaid co w/ba does not= auto denial.  I had 2 ba unpaid cos (but they were off my reports + a good 10+ yrs old) + got the 99/500 secured.  Ba to my knowledge does NOT blacklist for all eternity + then some like amex

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.