cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I switch from Barclay Financing to Barclay Arrival?

tag
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

Can I switch from Barclay Financing to Barclay Arrival?

I have the Barclay financing card for $700 and am going to go on vacation this summer and want to use a travel card. I appe'd for the Arrival and was declined. Can I ask them to change my finance card to the arrival?

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: Can I switch from Barclay Financing to Barclay Arrival?

Nope. They wouldn't even entertain the idea when I brought it up.

The best you can do is apply for the Arrival, hopefully get approved, then move the limit over from the financing card.

Good luck.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 2 of 8
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

I was declined when I just applied and called customer service. He talked to me like I was stupid. Saying if it was declined then I don't have an account to transfer the money too. Son of a ........

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 3 of 8
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Call analyst line and ask them if they are willing to close the account in order to approve the Arrival card, even at the existing $700 line if you agree to that.

Message 4 of 8
negg
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I tried to PC my apple visa card. I was told "that's not an option, if you want an arrival card, you can apply for it". "it's out policy". 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, Barclays will not PC any Apple Financing product to any of the other legacy products, let alone a co-branded CC.  Just their policy.  There's PC flexibility for others, just not so much with the Financing CC.

Message 6 of 8
noobody
Established Contributor

I PCed NFL card to barclay's rewards a few days ago, tried to PC to sallie mae card, was told those two cards are "too different"

i think get off cobrand card is a step to the right direction, may try another pc in the future

you may try to recon again and offer move CL from Barclay Financial to arrival,

if not ask if it is possible to pc to barclay's rewards

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@noobody wrote:

I PCed NFL card to barclay's rewards a few days ago, tried to PC to sallie mae card, was told those two cards are "too different"

i think get off cobrand card is a step to the right direction, may try another pc in the future

you may try to recon again and offer move CL from Barclay Financial to arrival,

if not ask if it is possible to pc to barclay's rewards

Sorry, but it just won't fly.  He can keep tryin but will get the same response.  Your situation is different in that the NFL CC can be PC'd to other elegible CCs, whereas the Financing CC is not - it is a limited product.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.