cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I transfer my Macy's balance to my Capital One Platinum Card? Has anyone ever did this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I transfer my Macy's balance to my Capital One Platinum Card? Has anyone ever did this?

I received an email from Capital One today regarding a balance transfer offer I have for my platinum card. It's 0% interest for 1 year and a 3% balance transfer fee. My question is... since I don't have any cards with balances right now but my Macy's and Walmart card, can I transfer Macy's to my Capital One card. Has anyone ever transferred store cards to Capital One cards? My balance with Macy's is $758 and my Capital One Platinum card limit is $4500.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I transfer my Macy's balance to my Capital One Platinum Card? Has anyone ever did this?

I havent done this exact BT, but I have done others. 

I believe it should be possible.

I think if you provide the address where you make payments and the account number, taken from the statement, they would do it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I transfer my Macy's balance to my Capital One Platinum Card? Has anyone ever did this?

@Anonymous wrote:

I havent done this exact BT, but I have done others. 

I believe it should be possible.

I think if you provide the address where you make payments and the account number, taken from the statement, they would do it.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

Yes you can do that type of balance transfer from Macy's to cap1. They might even have Macy's in the drop menu of lenders to select from, if not just enter the info found on your Macy's credit card statement.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:
Yes you can do that type of balance transfer from Macy's to cap1. They might even have Macy's in the drop menu of lenders to select from, if not just enter the info found on your Macy's credit card statement.
Cool! I would like to take advantage of the 0% for a year.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.