Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upgrade QS1 to a Venture card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I upgrade QS1 to a Venture card?

I had two platinum MC's from Cap One that were upgraded to QS with no annual fee. I also have a QS1. Can I upgrade it to a Venture? Not sure if I can upgrade it to another QS card. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Officer737
Established Contributor

Re: Can I upgrade QS1 to a Venture card?

If your account is eligibe, yes you can. I wanted to change my QS1 to a no fee QS and my account was eligible for it or I could change it to a Venture One. I opted for the Venture One. 

Message 2 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You should be able to upgrade to either a QS or Venture.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded my original Venture One to a QS, so I think you're good to go if your able to. 

Message 4 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had two platinum MC's from Cap One that were upgraded to QS with no annual fee. I also have a QS1. Can I upgrade it to a Venture? Not sure if I can upgrade it to another QS card. 

You should be able to, just make sure the math works out before doing so. 

The Venture has a $59 AF, so you'll need to spend $12k on that one card each year for the rewards to exceed the cash back you'll get with a no-AF Quicksilver.  I'll also add that there's no scenario where PC'ing to a no-AF Venture One will yield greater rewards than a Quicksilver.

• Venture:  $12k x 2% = $240 - $59 AF = $181
  • Quicksilver:  $12k x 1.5% = $180
  • Venture One:  $12k x 1.25% = $150

If you're interested in a Venture, I would just apply for it... that way at least you'll have a chance to get the $400 sign-up bonus, plus they waive the AF the first year.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.