cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a regular gift card to pay my bills?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I use a regular gift card to pay my bills?

So I noticed granny gift cards were offering a 11% discount on target gift cards. My target credit card offers 5% discount when I use my card. Is there any way I can combine the two so I can get 16% off? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I use a regular gift card to pay my bills?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I noticed granny gift cards were offering a 11% discount on target gift cards. My target credit card offers 5% discount when I use my card. Is there any way I can combine the two so I can get 16% off? 

What are you looking to get 16% off of?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

my purchases. lol 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only way to combine these would be to pay for the gift card using the Target card.  Otherwise when you pay at target it will apply the gift card balance first, and since that amount won't go onto your Target Card, the 5% won't apply to that

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

honestly nothing too terrible. I have a limit of $300 but I could use this method every time at target and just save on regular groceries! but I'm not sure if they'd let me combined the two things. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

if I buy the target gift card at target, I would only be saving 5% which is normal if you have their credit card which defeats the 16% off right now lol

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

*nods* this was a long-handed way of saying no...unless Gift Card Granny suddenly starts accepting the Target card  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

well I tried lol. if I figured it out, I'll come back and comment lol

Message 8 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

*nods* this was a long-handed way of saying no...unless Gift Card Granny suddenly starts accepting the Target card  Smiley Wink

Right.   But generally, buying the Target cards through Gift Card Granny is the way to go (very easy to add to the target app on your smartphone)  And although you don't get the 5%, if you buy the card with a 2% card, you are still way ahead of buying with the stuff at target with the Redcard.

[Unwanted math note: the numbers don't quite simply add.   So if I buy $100 gift card at 11% off, I pay $89.   My 2% card gives my $1.78 back.   So I end up spending $87.12 for a $100 card, a 12,88% savings rather than the 11 + 2% you might expect]

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting lol I did think about that one Smiley Tongue 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.