Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can NFCU siggy be less than $5K?

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Can NFCU siggy be less than $5K?

So is a siggy from NFCU ever issued for less than $5K CL?  

I applied for the green cash rewards was approved for $2K visa, but the approval says siggy visa but the limit still says $2K.  I called to ask and they can't figure out what the answer is.  I did notice that they pulled 2 hp's, one from EQ and TU for the card on 2 different days.  Of course the very fist pull they did was TU so that's a total of 3 pulls in 24 hours!  

These guys are definitely hp happy Smiley Very Happy.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Can NFCU siggy be less than $5K?

I don't think a visa sig can ever be under 5k. 

I know when my sister apped for the UPromise card from barclays her welcome email said "Congratulations on your new UPromise World Mastercard" but she only got a 1k limit and a platinum mastercard. When you get the card in the mail just look for the word "Signature" 

Smiley Very Happy 

Message 2 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

On your accounts page after clicking on your card does it have a link to the Visa Signature Concierge?

I've always read that signature cards had to have at least a $5k limit, but i guess anything can happen.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 3 of 15
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Hmmm....don't see anything yet.  Just the approval messages.  This is what the messages says:

12/21/2012  The status of your new cashRewards Visa credit card (xxxxxxx) is Review In Process.

12/24/2012  Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a Signature cashRewards Visa credit card.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 4 of 15
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Mehhh....maybe all cashRewards are now siggys LOL

Message 5 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Mehhh....maybe all cashRewards are now siggys LOL

like mentioned...when you get your card you can tell right away. The siggy is darker sorta matte green and will say Signature under VISA. The regular will be a lighter/brighter green like on their site and of course won't say Signature on it.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 6 of 15
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Yea I'll just have to wait until I get the card to know what's going on.  Somehow I always have a good luck moment combined with a "**bleep**?"...LOL!

Oh well....Merry Christmas!

Message 7 of 15
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Yea I'll just have to wait until I get the card to know what's going on.  Somehow I always have a good luck moment combined with a "**bleep**?"...LOL!

At least you're a member and were approved for a card. That's the main thing. It only gets better is what I keep hearing.

congrats and Merry Christmas as well!

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 8 of 15
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

At least you're a member and were approved for a card. That's the main thing. It only gets better is what I keep hearing.

congrats and Merry Christmas as well!

What more does the signature card offer compared to the standard cashrewards card?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 9 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! On your online account you should be able to tell if its a visa or a visa signature.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.