Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Orchard hurt my prospects with prime cards

tag
imovinup
Regular Contributor

Re: Can Orchard hurt my prospects with prime cards

i had got my orchard card $300 and capital one secured card $1500 in 2011 and in the exact 2 years that i had them i received 1 cli from cap1 for 100 bucks 6 months after and a 100 dollar increase for orchard bank 8/2012 after calling and requesting . IMO these cards dont grow and at $29 annual fee with 22.9% interest cap1 (on my money) and $59 annual fee with 19.9% interest orchard bank these are only rebuilder cards until you get better one. i just closed both mines down this month i have 10 other accounts so im not worried aboout AAofA and im tired of begging for a $100 here and there. And it seems as if some CC companies match your other CC limits and i dont want these being in the mix anymore.

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 11 of 17
p-
Valued Contributor

@imovinup wrote:

i had got my orchard card $300 and capital one secured card $1500 in 2011 and in the exact 2 years that i had them i received 1 cli from cap1 for 100 bucks 6 months after and a 100 dollar increase for orchard bank 8/2012 after calling and requesting . IMO these cards dont grow and at $29 annual fee with 22.9% interest cap1 (on my money) and $59 annual fee with 19.9% interest orchard bank these are only rebuilder cards until you get better one. i just closed both mines down this month i have 10 other accounts so im not worried aboout AAofA and im tired of begging for a $100 here and there. And it seems as if some CC companies match your other CC limits and i dont want these being in the mix anymore.

My Orchard started at 300, and the limit is over 5 times that now.  Plus the EO at orchard waived my annual fee for life.  My Platinum rebuilder at Cap1 is now a 10k green cash, no fee, thanks to the EO.

IMO, Cap1 is two companies when it comes to cards, i.e. a rebuilder company, and a prime company.  You have to PC into a prime card to get real limits, good rewards, and waiver of fees.

Message 12 of 17
imovinup
Regular Contributor

yes my orchard will never grow and because of the recent change to cap1 i shut it down becasue i got a regualar unscured card with them i shut down the secured card because i had no need for it since bofa and chase also gave me unsecure lines. with cap1 one it seems for me they have a limit of cards and in the future i want the venture card so this was the logically thing for me. im happy youve had great success i was just sharing my story i guess.

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631

Message 13 of 17
JonStur
Established Contributor

The only thing that will hurt you is your scores and thin file at this point..in the past year and a half I've gotten an AMEX, a Discover, 2 co-branded Discover cards, 2 Visa Signatures. I still have 2 First Premier cards (Gold and Plat), and a Credit one, from my rebuilding. If your profile supports it, you will get a prime card..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 14 of 17
Liz44

I agree with you imovinup, I called Orchard for a recon to increase my credit limit and was told by the EO that the card I have does not allow for credit increases.  :-(  I was declined for an increase based on that criteria.  I'm hoping that changes once they are completly taken over by Cap1.  I also received a $100 increase on my cap1 card not a lot but better than nothing, I Guess.  I also feel that other cc companies match your limits on new cards, very sad.

height="50" width="50" border="0">Starting Score: CS 654 CK 630 Q 645
Current Score: CS 654 CK 630 Q 645, TU FICO 686, EQ 665
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 17
Open123
Super Contributor

@Liz44 wrote:

My question to you guys is by keeping the OB card open will that deter prime lenders from considering me for their cards? 

No.

Usually, credit approvals are all computerized.  The only time it may be relevant, is if on "manual" review for a borderline or suspect approval, the issuer just wanted an excuse to decline your application, where you'll be given all the standard reasons, e.g. too many inquiries, too few accounts, etc.

Message 16 of 17
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

I have Orchard and FPB on my report and didn't have any issue getting Citi and Discover.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.