cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Personal Bankers in branch consolidate limits?

tag
Shock
Established Contributor

Can Personal Bankers in branch consolidate limits?

So we all know Citi is  tough cookie to crack for consolidation. I called EO and asked and they said it needs to be an available option, and a HP may or may not be required deoending on the situation.

My cousin has a good friend who works in branch at Citi. Does anybody know if they have the power to consolidate limits? I know it's a longshot, but I have a gutsy feeling that they can "Request it" on their computer, and it's more likely to be approved, and a HP would not be necessary at all.

Thoughts?

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Can Personal Bankers in branch consolidate limits?

Typically no, they're two totally separate departments. They can pick up the phone and call the same rep you would end up talking to if you were to call and make a request.

Message 2 of 5
Shock
Established Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

Typically no, they're two totally separate departments. They can pick up the phone and call the same rep you would end up talking to if you were to call and make a request.

But I would like to believe they may be more willing to do it because it's a fellow employee calling.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Shock wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

But I would like to believe they may be more willing to do it because it's a fellow employee calling.

Not really,  it all depends on how much leverage your current investement and depository relationship is with Citi.  More often than not, it's not up to the banker but the lending department as a whole.  The more leverage you have (tenure, deposits, etc.) the more it can swing things in your favor.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Shock wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

Not really,  it all depends on how much leverage your current investement and depository relationship is with Citi.  More often than not, it's not up to the banker but the lending department as a whole.  The more leverage you have (tenure, deposits, etc.) the more it can swing things in your favor.

Depends on the banker. They can call underwriting and if they are good at arguing wisely it can be a better option if you arent as good at it. Depends how much knowledge you have and if you know what underwrtiting is looking for. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.