cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Someone Interpret This Statement?

tag
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: Can Someone Interpret This Statement?

@Anonymous wrote:

For future people who may not want to risk a fruitless hard inquiry on their credit report. I only have 4 new accounts so this doesn't apply towards me but this will help out future applicants who research before applying:

"Even folks with 800+ FICO scores and a long-term banking relationship with Chase are being turned down.  Some have asked their personal bankers to intervene, but they’ve had no luck getting approved either."

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2015/06/18/new-rules-for-chase-credit-card-approvals-what-to-do-about-it/

That's well-known old news.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you; for you it's old news but not for everyone. As I've stated in the previous post, it's for future people who do their research on CC before applying. Not everyone is into the latest news on how to make sure you get the highest chance of getting approved for a card that you apply for.

The article is only a few months old (5/18/15) so I myself don't consider that old news, but whatever floats your boat, if you call it old, it's old for you, but please don't speak on the behalf of the world if that was your intention by saying, "That's well-known old news."

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good for you; for you it's old news but not for everyone. As I've stated in the previous post, it's for future people who do their research on CC before applying. Not everyone is into the latest news on how to make sure you get the highest chance of getting approved for a card that you apply for.

The article is only a few months old (5/18/15) so I myself don't consider that old news, but whatever floats your boat, if you call it old, it's old for you, but please don't speak on the behalf of the world if that was your intention by saying, "That's well-known old news."

It is for anybody who posts here regularly. There's a thread running to several hundred posts discussing the issue.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course. Anyone can read it, but the intention was to communicate to those who do not know the latest forumla lendors use to determine if they will reject or accept the application. 

Message 24 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Lets all remember to be respectful in our posts. Thanks in advance and to those of you who are already doing so  Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just cold app. All my cards have been cold apps. Although I get like 500 offers in my mail daily I never use them. When I get an itch I just go for it. But I'm done with new cards. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.