cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Someone Shed some insight on US Bank for me?

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Can Someone Shed some insight on US Bank for me?

I have been helping my brother establish credit. He has a few cards, low balances, some inquiries, 710 FICO.

He apped for Platinum Visa with US Bank yesterday and receieved a message with something along the lines of you will be notified in writing within 10 days.

I told him to call the status line and he did. entered his social and it says sorry i am unable to located your credit card application, please hold while I transfer you to a CS agent. He then hung up lol. 

He is a lil new to the card process, anyone else have call the US Bank status line and their app was not found? 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can Someone Shed some insight on US Bank for me?

It might take some time to enter their system. Give it another day or 2 then check again.

Message 2 of 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

cool thanks! Us bank does not like me so i stoppped apping for their cards a while back lol. But I hear they are slow manual people 

Message 3 of 19
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Just talk to someone, they aren't going to bite.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

cool thanks! Us bank does not like me so i stoppped apping for their cards a while back lol. But I hear they are slow manual people 

They don't like me either, plus I know they check IDA and/or ARS, so I won't be app'ing with them for a very long time Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with just calling to talk to someone. Their automated system is notoriously unreliable. And if that person your brother talks to happens to say it is declined, he should immediately ask for reconsideration. They've never asked me to provide any clarification and will just resubmit the app no questions asked.
Message 6 of 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

I will have him to do that. He is just afraid of them grilling him although his report is clean. He did fall pray to some SCT offers recently. 

Message 7 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ojefferyo wrote:

Just talk to someone, they aren't going to bite.

Exactly.  It's not like they're going to yell at him for calling regarding the status of his application!

Message 8 of 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

bahaha truth!! 

Message 9 of 19
NRB525
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I will have him to do that. He is just afraid of them grilling him although his report is clean. He did fall pray to some SCT offers recently. 

Tell him that US Bank prefers to understand their customers. Talking to them is just part of the process, more so, and more consistently, with US Bank than almost any other lender.

The rewards of that, of getting an application approved by them and some sort of card issued, pays off in the long run with their better cards and CLI, after they get to know you as a customer.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.