Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can This e Done w/Cap1

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Can This e Done w/Cap1

I had an account w/them that I opened in 7/2001 & then closed in 4/2002.  I was young at the time & didn't know any better.   Is it posible for me to call them & have this account re-opened?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Can This Be Done w/Capitol 1

You can always try but for an account that has been closed that long they will probably say you have to reapply.

Message 2 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Can This e Done w/Cap1

@ABattle wrote:

I had an account w/them that I opened in 7/2001 & then closed in 4/2002.  I was young at the time & didn't know any better.   Is it posible for me to call them & have this account re-opened?

Prolly not reopen the same acct but start a new account up.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ABattle wrote:

I don't think that are any lenders that would reopen an account that's been closed for that long (9+ years). Sometimes, you might have some luck inside of 30 to 60 days, but after all thist me, they'll make you reapply. Your creditworthiness, and their lending criteria have evolved since 2002, so you'd have to be qualified under today's standards. And, to my knowledge, Amex is the only lender that will backdate new accounts based upon prior history.

Message 4 of 7
aftermath
Established Contributor

Most likely not since so much time has passed, but it wouldn't hurt to call and try.  The worse they can say is "no".

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 5 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

I agree reapply, capital one does not black list as far as  I know

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't think so

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.