cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a credit card company get an up-to-date CR on the spot (more inside)?

tag
Nyru
Valued Member

Can a credit card company get an up-to-date CR on the spot (more inside)?

Hey everyone,

So, I'm planning on applying for the Chase United Explorer card at the end of the week.I have $17,000 in total credit. I am curretnly at 8% total utility; however, one of my cards however, (chase freedom) is at 90% utility, and will be paid in full on Friday. 

Now, when I pulled up my credit report a couple of days ago, it reported another thing- that my amex was at 60% util. However, that is currently at 0%. Basically, by the end of this week, I will be at a grand total 0% util.

But when I apply for the Chase united explorer, my question is will they be able to research that the amex and freedom are in fact fully paid off? Or will they go off an outdated credit report? If I recon them and tell them, hey everything truly is paid off, will that matter?

Furthermore, is it possible for me to ask amex to report to the bereu's earlier than usual, or immediately?

Starting Score (2/15/13): EX (fako) 583// EQ FICO 634// TU FICO 658
Current Score (5/27/14): EX FICO 719// EQ FICO 742// TU FICO 729
Goal Scores: 740 on all.
CSP- 10K, United mileage explorer- 9k, Freedom- 5k, Barclays Arrival+ W.E.- 5k, Nordstrom- 6k, Chase Hyatt- 5k, Discover it- 5k, Slate- 4.5k, Amex Blue Cash- 1k.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Can a credit card company get an up-to-date CR on the spot (more inside)?

It is best that you wait for the next statement to cut and for the new balances to report.

Chase cannot verify what your Amex balance is and your scores are taking a hit from the high utilization ratios
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yup!
Agree w enharu. I'd wait. They could always pull it later, but that might cost you more hps and a lot of heartache. LOL
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

They will go by whatever is currently listed on your reports.  It's in your best interest to wait until your reports are updated with the correct balances.  You'll get a much higher credit line as a result. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.