Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anybody answer this question?

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Can anybody answer this question?

Pay the balance in full each month before the due date and you will be fine.  Only charge an amount you can pay in full. Good luck!!
Message 21 of 34
Percy
Regular Contributor

Wouldnt that report a balance to CRA?
Message 22 of 34
DI
Super Contributor

@Abester000 wrote:
Wouldnt that report a balance to CRA?

No. Paying in full will leave you with a $0 balance.  A $0 balance will be reported. 

Message 23 of 34
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

How do i do that? not let a balance report from card to report to CRAS?

The first thing you'll need to know is what day of the month the statement posts. This can generally be found on prior statements but you can simply call the CC issuer and ask.

Then it's just a matter of timing purchases and payments. Make sure any purchase during the month is made at least several days before the statement posts to give the balance time to show on the account. I personally don't use a card for anything for a week before the statement date. As soon as the balance shows on the online account (but before the statement posts) pay in full. I stress again to PIF before the statement posts. This will result in a zero balance being reported to the CRA's.

(myfico)
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

CC interest free as of 8/09
Time can heal all wounds and a low FICO.
"Hello my name is Sandy and I'm a recovering crediholic".

Message 24 of 34
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@DI wrote:
Pay the balance in full each month before the due date and you will be fine.  Only charge an amount you can pay in full. Good luck!!

This will only defer any interest charges. The balance must be paid before the statements posts in order for a zero balance to report. Otherwise a balance WILL be reported to the CRA's.

Message 25 of 34
Percy
Regular Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@DI wrote:

This will only defer any interest charges. The balance must be paid before the statements posts in order for a zero balance to report. Otherwise a balance WILL be reported to the CRA's.

So.... Lets say i charged my card..... 100 dollars........ Due date is 11/1/09 if i pay it off before the due date and nxt statement regenerates..... it will show a 0 balance on the CRA that month?

Message 26 of 34
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Yes, as long as you do not use the card until after you see the new statement posted online.  I have cards that cut the statement anywhere from 3-10 days after due date... 

As far as your other accts...  Nordstrom is a Prime lender so using that a bit now and then and paying in full every month would be great...  when your scores rebound, that could turn into a super-prime card.  Perhaps using Macy's and paying in full would allow you some goodwill as well on those lates.

As far as the BBMC goes, I have heard that unlike their store card, it does not grow with you...  It is definately not a long-term-hold...   

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 27 of 34
Percy
Regular Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Yes, as long as you do not use the card until after you see the new statement posted online.  I have cards that cut the statement anywhere from 3-10 days after due date... 

As far as your other accts...  Nordstrom is a Prime lender so using that a bit now and then and paying in full every month would be great...  when your scores rebound, that could turn into a super-prime card.  Perhaps using Macy's and paying in full would allow you some goodwill as well on those lates.

As far as the BBMC goes, I have heard that unlike their store card, it does not grow with you...  It is definately not a long-term-hold...   

As far as the macys card goes... i have made my payments on time for the past two and a half years or so..... and i called to goodwill my lates... they said they cannot do anything. Smiley Sad I even goodwilled the CEO.... and his Executive homeboy said that unfortunately they couldnt do anything about it.

Message 28 of 34
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

At least you tried...  they will go away and they get less and less hurtful as they age.    As a side note...  I received an Amazon card last year with a very low CL...  I called for a CLI which was denied so I closed it as I didn't want to lower my avg CL...  It still sits there as a positive TL, closed but is aging... 

Your call but with your other cards, that AF stinks...  I suppose that activating it, means you owe it...  Also, I would look into a credit union relationship at some point. 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 29 of 34
Percy
Regular Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

At least you tried...  they will go away and they get less and less hurtful as they age.    As a side note...  I received an Amazon card last year with a very low CL...  I called for a CLI which was denied so I closed it as I didn't want to lower my avg CL...  It still sits there as a positive TL, closed but is aging... 

Your call but with your other cards, that AF stinks...  I suppose that activating it, means you owe it...  Also, I would look into a credit union relationship at some point. 

Well... the best buy card is all i got... i havnt recieved it yet so i can close it..... i apped for penfed got a share account... i was told to let it age for 6 months before applying again. i got denied the first time but my probationary period is for 6 months so im going to wait.... i got BFCU here.... i could go apply there and app for a credit card....

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.