Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone give me advise?

tag
velocity
Established Member

Can anyone give me advise?

I have a credit card from Household bank back from Nov 07 with a $300 CL. Credit Score was around 500 at the time I applied. My fico score has been go up to an average of 650 now, and since it's past the 6 months period. Should I ask for CLI? I would also like to apply for another CC, should I do the CLI first and then apply for another one?

Any advise would be great!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can anyone give me advise?

Wouldn't hurt to ask for a CLI. Just ask them if it would be a hard inquiry or not. It may not be. And at the same time, it probably wouldn't hurt to app for a second card. I would selectively app for a card based on score and use the CR that is the strongest.

If you only have one revolving card, adding a second may help your score. Also adding a store charge card would likely help too.
Message 2 of 5
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Hi Velocity,

Welcome to the forum.  I would find out if Household bank does a hard or soft inquiry to determine whether to give you a CLI.  If it's soft then I would try for the CLI first then apply for a new card if you like. If it's a hard INQ then I would apply for the new card first so they don't see a recent inquiry on your credit report.
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Velocity, and welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy

There's a wealth of information here to help you on your credit journey.

If you've had the card for 6 months with no cli, then imo you are justified in asking for one. Just be sure and ask if it will be a soft inq or a hard inq when you're asking the CSR. Smiley Wink

If it's a hard inq, I'd think twice, unless you really, really need the cli.
Message 4 of 5
velocity
Established Member

Thank you all for the valued advise, I will give my bank a call tomorrow and find out. I'm very happy that you guys are so kind and are all willing to help Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.