Established Member
velocity

Can anyone give me advise?

I have a credit card from Household bank back from Nov 07 with a $300 CL. Credit Score was around 500 at the time I applied. My fico score has been go up to an average of 650 now, and since it's past the 6 months period. Should I ask for CLI? I would also like to apply for another CC, should I do the CLI first and then apply for another one?

Any advise would be great!

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Can anyone give me advise?

Wouldn't hurt to ask for a CLI. Just ask them if it would be a hard inquiry or not. It may not be. And at the same time, it probably wouldn't hurt to app for a second card. I would selectively app for a card based on score and use the CR that is the strongest.

If you only have one revolving card, adding a second may help your score. Also adding a store charge card would likely help too.
Regular Contributor
sammyfire2001

Hi Velocity,

Welcome to the forum.  I would find out if Household bank does a hard or soft inquiry to determine whether to give you a CLI.  If it's soft then I would try for the CLI first then apply for a new card if you like. If it's a hard INQ then I would apply for the new card first so they don't see a recent inquiry on your credit report.
As of Jan 2009: EX - 659 EQ - 666 TU - 681

As of 2/13/09: EX - 648 (My last EX Fico)
Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

Hi Velocity, and welcome to the forum! :smileyhappy:

There's a wealth of information here to help you on your credit journey.

If you've had the card for 6 months with no cli, then imo you are justified in asking for one. Just be sure and ask if it will be a soft inq or a hard inq when you're asking the CSR. :smileywink:

If it's a hard inq, I'd think twice, unless you really, really need the cli.
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Established Member
velocity

Thank you all for the valued advise, I will give my bank a call tomorrow and find out. I'm very happy that you guys are so kind and are all willing to help :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}