Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone give me and suggestions? Need help and suggestions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone give me and suggestions? Need help and suggestions

I need help first off my cards with all their info.
firstone(credit first) 1200 cl 0 balance 21.84% APR (only use this card for tires or so and then I get a 90day same as cash on the purchase) opened 4/2004 just me on it no AU's

American care care centers (car careone)through ge money bank 1000cl 0 balance opened 2/05 me as primary husband as AU

America First Federal Credit Union 3000 cl 2700balance 10.5 apr opened 1/2008 (since this is our credit union they have told us they will drop our apr to the lowest they have once our score reaches 740)there is an annual fee of 15 dollars it was either AF or like 11.5%APR

Best buy 3000 cl 575 balance apr like 21.9% usually but my balance is at a promotional apr of 10.9 till 10/2010 usually dont really buy anything there once in a while something like a cpu game or something the balance is left from a laptop and some hometheater stuff we bought there opened 9/2005 me and husband Joint cardmembers

sears charge plus 1350 cl as of yesterday 0 balance apr like 23.64% no annual fee this is throughcitibank also i think have had the card since 11/2005 started at 900 cl only 1 increase husband as primary me as AU

homedepot store card 6000cl 880 balance only planning on using this whenever I get the promotional rate opened card 5/2007 husband as primary me as AU

capital one 750 cl 700 balance opened 5/2007 they lowered apr from 19.9 to 14.9 couple months ago like 39$ annual fee I think started at 500cl raised back in october to 750 now they say not eligible for auto or callin limit increase ( ithink I found out though that thecard we have has a cl cap of like 2000 or 3000 husband as primary me as AU

Discover card 3500cl balance right now 3200 (we kind of splurged when we got the card) 0% till like July then to 7.9% opened 1/2008 me as primary husband as AU

Discover card 2500 cl 0 balance 1.9 % till like 10/2008 then to 14.99% opened 3/2008 husband as cardmember

BofA 6200cl 0 balance 0% till 4/2009 then 12.99% me as primary husband as AU opened 3/2008

RC Willey 2000 cl 962 balance 0% till 9/2008 then to high store card apr like 21% or something

K here is it I am getting the BofA money deposited into my checking account by way of balance transfer will be 6000 trying to decide where to send it and also me and my husband just each close one card me on of applied card band 500cl opened 12/2004 and he one of hsbc mc opened 9/2005 1000 cl horrible APR's we are thinking about closing capital one card and maybe one or 2more anyone have any suggestions?

scores are 704 703 and 694  my husbands are a little lower but still 694  687 684  (mortgage of 172900 not reporting yet got it in december sold to countrywide as of 2/1/2008)

Message Edited by kvdss on 03-27-2008 03:53 PM

Message Edited by kvdss on 03-27-2008 04:09 PM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can anyone give me and suggestions? Need help and suggestions

If you are tryng to get your scores p tey psying down the card with the high balance below 80% and make sure over all is less than 50%
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am looking for a high credit score and also am kind of worried that having as many cards as I do on top of the car loans and personal loan and overdraft lines are going to start hurting my score.  Do you guys think I need to close more or just try to keep everything the way it is and use the BT to pay off some of my cards so I could potentially end up with only like 3 cards with balances?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically asny csard you have that is at or near 90% utilized is tanking your score... I would try getting those down first.  Doesn't look liek you have a lot of room on your best cards to transfer.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No but when that BT from BofA into my checking account goes through I was planning on paying off the discover card with it and the BB and Cap 1 and leftover towards the credit union card.  Also I do have a little cash available if neededto help pay some of those things.  Just debating if we should keep Cap 1 open or not? Dont knowwhat to doheard their cli suck especially onthe card we have with them.  Their max is like2000 or 3000 i think on the card we have
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless your lender says close it, I wouldn't it gives you that much more avail to offset uti.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No noone has said to close it yet my husband is just not particulary trill that we have more than 60% of our annual income in credit card limits or overdraft limits.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a little mouse is known to say... (remind your husband)...  'Avail credit is NOT debt.'  Now if there were an issue of control, I would say close as many as possible.

Message Edited by Brammy on 03-27-2008 07:45 PM

Message Edited by Brammy on 03-27-2008 07:46 PM
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

no real issue of control he likes to spend but we usually freeze most of our credit cards for like 6 months while we pay down on them then I thaw them out and go through them asking for cli, apr reduction or sometimes use them a little then after a wk or 2 of that we freeze them again.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the information I gave on the first message.  Anyone have a clue as towhat it will do to my score when FICO 2008 goesinto effect?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.