cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone suggest me which card I can be approved for sure?

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Can anyone suggest me which card I can be approved for sure?

I can't guarantee you wil get approve, but I certainly suggest applying for the Kroger 123 Master Card.  Your EQ report will get pulled.  I see you currently have 8 inquiries with EQ.  I'm not sure it that will be a problem. 
Message 11 of 24
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Honestly, I would let these accounts age for one year. Again, your history is insufficient and that will be a red flag to prime lenders, in my opinion. I don't see an approval for a 10K credit line with your history.

Unfortunately, there are no guarantees. The only way to find out is to apply.

Keep PIF and you'll get there just as the rest of us have.

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 12 of 24
alex65
Established Member

before I apply to Kroger123, I would like to add that I have already applied there in June, 2009 (when i my score was in high 500), I would also like to add the following info regarding my EQ profile:

(copied from TrueCredit )

Alert Type      Date              Description     
----------------------------------------------------------------               

New Inquiry     06/23/2009     HSBC BANK NEVADA        

New Inquiry     06/20/2009     KROGER         

New Account     06/08/2009     CEFCU/PEORIA        

New Account     05/29/2009     MACYS/DSNB        

New Inquiry     05/18/2009     FINGERHUT/CIT BANK         

New Account     05/08/2009     FIRST PREMIER        

New Inquiry     05/05/2009     DIGITAL FEDERAL CREDIT UNION     

Shall i apply again to Kroger? 

Message 13 of 24
alex65
Established Member

I have always ( though i really do not have a long history) PIF on all credit accounts.

I guess, for an approval from a prime lender i have to wait.

Thanks.

Message 14 of 24
DI
Super Contributor

You may need to wait as the other posters suggested.  Your accounts are too new.  Don't waste the inquiry and ding on your score. 
Message 15 of 24
DI
Super Contributor

Do not apply for the Kroger card.  A rule of thumb is to wait 6 months before reapping after a decline with a creditor.
Message 16 of 24
alex65
Established Member

Thanks for your timely reply. I was just about to start my kroger application.

I wasnt really aware of the thumb-rule you mentioned either. Somehow, it seems i am obsessed with all this credit business. 

I have just moved-in to US (about an year ago), earn reasonable , but it really frustrates me that i dont own a card with a reasonable CL (like 10k or more).

I really am running out of patience to have a card with good CL. But this time, i am being cautious , and with the help of you guys I not committing any stupid mistakes (like i did in the past, applied blindly to 10s of card companies with-in a wee). 

I am learning the ropes.

all-in-all i am not applying at the moment, but do not know when i would yield to my temptation and end up applying again.

Thanks so much guys!

Message 17 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Seriously, cool your jets! Somethings just take time.

You'll get much better deals if you wait and let all your new cards catch up and raise your scores.

Hang in there, it will get fun again. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alex65 wrote:

I have poured almost every relavent bits of information i could have about my credit profile, and i just thought may be someone at the forum could suggest me a card i could get without a denial. 

I have glued myself for more than 2 hours on this forum just waiting for some home. And i sincerely thought some one could analyse my case and could help me.

Now, i guess, i cant be approved for a card at this point with 100% assurance.

Still, if anyone could suggest me anything, i would be grateful.

Thanks!

You want an affirmation. I am sorry we cannot give it to you.

No one here, that I know of, has that ability to grant credit to anyone other then personally loaning you money.

Your accounts are under a year. NOT EVEN A YEAR, and you have a lot of them.

You kinda took your options already.

STOP APPLYING FOR CREDIT.
LET YOUR ACCOUNTS AGE TO A YEAR PLUS.

Choose carefully and after maybe 18 months you can get a more "meaningfull" card.

But right now you have what you have and it looks like you have enough to my eyes.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Impatience and credit are a bad mix.  Credit, by its very nature is "time tested" borrowing.  You must establish a history of paying and responsibly using what you have.  If you want a $10,000 card, then you will need to deposit $10,000 into a savings account with a CCC who issues secured cards up to that limit.  This would include Bank of America, Amalgamated Bank of Chicago and Navy Federal Credit Union (if you can qualify membership) as three I can think of off the top of my head.

But nobody, especially in this credit climate, is going to issue a $10,000 unsecured card to such a short history, number of new accounts and inquires and FICO.

Credit issuers ended up in the boat they are in by not following those guidelines for a period, and now we all are paying the price.

Have patience, use the credit wisely, pay on time, PIF, and you will eventually have the credit you need.  But I can tell you this, it is better to have $10,000 in savings than $10,000 in credit.  While you wait for your credit to age....work on your savings.  Having cash reserves and emergency funds are a HUGE part of credit.  This provides stability if unexpected expenses, job loss, medical crisis or other life event occurs.

Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.