cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me about Gettington?

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Can anyone tell me about Gettington?

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Ive always had fingerhut. I kinda wish I never got them due to the high prices. There was no real need for my use cause i always pay everything in full anyways. But I have heard the gettington is cheaper and there is no AF so it cant really hurt. 

Same here. I had never heard of Gettington until I discovered these forums. Does anyone know if they just about as easy to get as Fingerhut or if a Fingerhut account can be converted to a Gettington account?

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 19
MB2714
Regular Contributor

They are separate entities you can get instant approval online. Better customer service than Fingerhut and lower payments and better quality products. Free shipping over $50.00 I believe. If you pay off in 4 months you get a 14.90% apr if you pay off over two years you get 19.90% apr
Chapter 7 Discharge April 2015. .Transunion 662 07/2017
Equifax 652 07/2017
Experian 657 07/2017
Cap One QS $2,200; Cap One QS$2,950; Cap One PSVisa $1,100; Nordstrom Visa $3,500; Target $300; Syncb/Walmart $500; VonMaur $500; Cap1/Saks $500; Barclays MC(AU) $6,400; Buckle $250; Syncb/Car Care (AU) $2,500.
Message 12 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. I recently took a pre-approval and got $1k starting (It was HP, maybe even double)

2. They report to all 3

3. Way better then Fingerhut and have ready some very low credit scores getting approved, so think just about as easy as Fingerhut which last pre-approval from them which I WILL NOT apply for was $600.

4. why get it 1 poster asked when may be cheaper at best buy or home depot? If you need a few months to pay for something then that's why you get it! if you have a 700+ credit score you don't get cards like Gettington, you get Amazon Visa!

I ordered some pillows and a bathroom organizer thing which I priced to Home Depot and the Gettington price was actually little cheaper for this paticular item but I had to pay shipping even with my free shipping but I got 10% off my first order so I'm coming out close and I chose 4 payments... I don't need 4 payments for this paticular purchase but don't really need ot use the card for anything else so may drag out the 4 pyaments just for more history since the interest will be so minimal.

Message 13 of 19
ChargeItPlease
Regular Contributor

I apped for Gettington last year and was denied (score in the high 500s then). I then immediately apped for Fingerhut and was approved for a $400 revolving limit. So, in my experience, Fingerhut is easier.

After one purchase in nine months, I have a FH limit of $1700. Compared to Amazon, or almost anywhere else, they are both overpriced, so I would only use them for credit building, not serious shopping.

Starting Score: 400s (2011) Current: EQ 655 (01-2014) Goal: 700 Last app: 01-01-14. No apps 'til 12-2014!
Message 14 of 19
MB2714
Regular Contributor

Fingerhut is easier than gettington. Gettington has lower payments and APR's  than Fingerhut. So you'll either get a lower limit or just denied by gettington than you would with Fingerhut 

Chapter 7 Discharge April 2015. .Transunion 662 07/2017
Equifax 652 07/2017
Experian 657 07/2017
Cap One QS $2,200; Cap One QS$2,950; Cap One PSVisa $1,100; Nordstrom Visa $3,500; Target $300; Syncb/Walmart $500; VonMaur $500; Cap1/Saks $500; Barclays MC(AU) $6,400; Buckle $250; Syncb/Car Care (AU) $2,500.
Message 15 of 19
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

They actually have the same parent company and use all the same distribution and warehousing. I'm guessing customer service is shared as well just perhaps they get a different script for gettington. My FAKO's are all around 600. Fingerhut gave me 500 to start 3 weeks ago. App'd for gettington today and got 350 which seems to be the common start level with them. Prices are definitely better although both things I ordered from fingerhut where on sale and cheaper than target. If your rebuilding I'd say they're definitely worth trying to approved at.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received an email from credit karma asking me to respond to an offer from Gettington.  I went to the Gettington website and looked around at the stuff they are selling.  From what I found, their products are GROSSLY overpriced! Example, Samsung 50" UHD was $2000.00 more than all other retailers online and brick and mortar stores.  It wasn't just that one item it seems all their stuff is way overpriced boarding on price gouging.  They are selling this one TV for $2000.00 over Samsungs list price!  Please community, cross shop and price check if you plan on buyhing anything on that site.  

Message 17 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received an email from credit karma asking me to respond to an offer from Gettington.  I went to the Gettington website and looked around at the stuff they are selling.  From what I found, their products are GROSSLY overpriced! Example, Samsung 50" UHD was $2000.00 more than all other retailers online and brick and mortar stores.  It wasn't just that one item it seems all their stuff is way overpriced boarding on price gouging.  They are selling this one TV for $2000.00 over Samsungs list price!  Please community, cross shop and price check if you plan on buyhing anything on that site.  

Electronics are the LAST thing you want to buy when looking at a site and credit card geared towards rebuilding and bad credit.

I have bought some non electrical kitchen stuff and pillows, stuff like that and I didn't really overpay at all but anything else... yes it's more expensive!

Message 18 of 19
Pway
Valued Contributor

Gettington is a very good company.  I have a account with them after obtianing my fingerhut acocunt.  I love them both, I get cli's all the time.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.