cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me if Sears has a store credit card?

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: Can anyone tell me if Sears has a store credit card?

If you have a need for the new fridge, you could try your luck with Sears (Citi), Best Buy (Citi), Home Depot (also Citi), Lowes (Synchrony), or HH Gregg (Synchrony). You could also visit your local appliance stores to see what they have to offer, and may have a private label credit off from Citi, Synchrony, or someone else.

I wouldn't apply for additional cards until you determine which retailer will offer the best deal. If you're making an initial purchase the bank may be more willing to extend credit.

On the tax lien collection account from 2011, check into the statute of limitations; even though it will make obtaining credit a challenge for up to seven years, at least the seven year clock starts ticking.
I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 21 of 29
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

They don't offer a V/MC

@Anonymous wrote:

Do they just have 1 application for the Lowes store card? Or is there one for the store and one for the master/visa?

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 22 of 29
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@asphaltcowboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@asphaltcowboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea I have 1 collection account from 2011. It has only reported twice since being on my CR. Darn, store card backed by Citi too?

Do you have a Lowes near? they are pretty easy

Yea there is a Lowes close by actually. They have a store card?

Yes they have a store card, backed by Synchrony Bank (formerly GE) 

Hmmm... I just took a offer from that bank last week. Chevron an Texaco. Should I wait a few months then to apply for another card with them then.

I would definitely go for the Lowes card; don't want to muddy the water but HD has a prequal on their site, they are also Citi........but if you can get a prequalified approval from the Home Depot you may be good to go for the Sears card if that is the one you really want.  I have a Home Depot card, Macys, and Exxon Card from Citi but can't break into them for a revolver.

Message 23 of 29
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Of the appliance vendors, Best Buy and Sears are available as dual card versions. Some of the Best Buy MCs have an annual fee attached, and the Sears offer doesn't seem to offer any benefits for usage outside of Sears.
I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditUnionFan wrote:
Of the appliance vendors, Best Buy and Sears are available as dual card versions. Some of the Best Buy MCs have an annual fee attached, and the Sears offer doesn't seem to offer any benefits for usage outside of Sears.

I had thought about bestbuy also but didn't go past that. Who backs Bestbuy?

Message 25 of 29
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Citi

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@asphaltcowboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Citi

Thats out the question. LOL.

Message 27 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea I have 1 collection account from 2011. It has only reported twice since being on my CR. Darn, store card backed by Citi too?

unpaid or paid?   And yes citi backs both cards

Unpaid. $910.00

I recommend this be settled prior to apping it most likely will cause a denial. I would attempt the PFD on that collection.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Why it is nice to suggest this. it may not be the best thing to do. i say this from experience. i also had a collection on my report. for 291 dollars that was not paid. it is 5 years old.

so last april i decided to pay. it. i should have told them as others suggested to delete the entire thing which they said they would do. but that is not what happened. after i paid. it the status did change from open collection to closed . paid in full. and as a result. my score dropped about 80 points. from about 755 eq fico. to about 675. to where it still has not recovered after a full year. as a matter of fact. in the eyes of fico it appears the collection is still less than a year old. in fact it is 5 years old. when i check my reports it says time since last negative. 11 months. how the hell. when i clearly states it was in 2010. but does not matter in 2 years or less it will drop off. so be careful before you go paying a old collection. because you will be punished. may be best to apply despite this. as the age will be true. 4 years old.

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

unpaid or paid?   And yes citi backs both cards

Unpaid. $910.00

I recommend this be settled prior to apping it most likely will cause a denial. I would attempt the PFD on that collection.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Why it is nice to suggest this. it may not be the best thing to do. i say this from experience. i also had a collection on my report. for 291 dollars that was not paid. it is 5 years old.

so last april i decided to pay. it. i should have told them as others suggested to delete the entire thing which they said they would do. but that is not what happened. after i paid. it the status did change from open collection to closed . paid in full. and as a result. my score dropped about 80 points. from about 755 eq fico. to about 675. to where it still has not recovered after a full year. as a matter of fact. in the eyes of fico it appears the collection is still less than a year old. in fact it is 5 years old. when i check my reports it says time since last negative. 11 months. how the hell. when i clearly states it was in 2010. but does not matter in 2 years or less it will drop off. so be careful before you go paying a old collection. because you will be punished. may be best to apply despite this. as the age will be true. 4 years old.

This is exactly why I have left it as is. I rather it fall off than pay them cause they have told me they will ONLY update.  So I have learned to live with it. It has not stop me from getting any credit but I know I can't get Amex or Citi until its off.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.