New Visitor
goodkarmakat

Can credit accounts be combined?

I have 2 questions:

1. I declared Chapter 7 BK in 2005. At that time I had 2 credit cards that were paid in full.  I did not declare them in the BK, but the bank closed them any way.  They are listed on my crecit report as "included in bankruptsy".  Can I dispute this?  If so, how should it be listed?
  2. After BK, I obtained 2 secured credit cards that were later automatically converted to unsecured cards. My CR lists the secured cards as "closed at consumer request"; I was given new account numbers for the unsecured cards. My FICO took a hit because of this.  Can the bank combine the accounts to increase the amount of time of open accounts in good standing?

Thanks!

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Re: Can credit accounts be combined?

goodkarmakat wrote:
2. After BK, I obtained 2 secured credit cards that were later automatically converted to unsecured cards. My CR lists the secured cards as "closed at consumer request"; I was given new account numbers for the unsecured cards. My FICO took a hit because of this.  Can the bank combine the accounts to increase the amount of time of open accounts in good standing?

Probably not,  but which banks?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+