Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can former military join nfcu?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can former military join nfcu?

@Woolfman wrote:

Personally I'm not that impressed by Usaa. Insurance wise I can find it elsewhere a lot cheaper. Credit wise . They seem pretty conservative

I am always curious what insurance products you are speaking of. Simply car?  In my state, at my age and driving record USAA is "almost" the cheapest. the cheaperst is Geico using the NFCU discount, but thats only cheaper in an apples to apples comparison by less then $2.00 a month last time I checked.

Message 11 of 14
Woolfman
Established Contributor

For me automobile wise. Usaa , two cars full coverage was 1000 ( 1200 every 6 months)a year more than geico(right at 700 every 6 months).  my driving record is clean Im 38 . My wife had one accident 3 years ago (her fault damage was under 500) shes 33.  The quote from usaa was for a 2004 toyo rav 4 and a 2008 kia spectra.  Exact same coverage between both quotes.   I was also happy to see that when we traded in the kia last month and i got my Camaro . My Insurance with Geico went up a whopping 4 bucks a year.   Usaa doesn't offer Homeowners in my state. So that's my only experience with their insurance.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting..I do know that their insurance is not competitive with young and enlisted, but I guess there are huge differences between their tiers.

Message 13 of 14
keithB
Established Contributor

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.