Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i dispute this?

tag
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: Can i dispute this?

@Skye12329 wrote:

So had some more work done on my car luckily this one was more minor. I take it into the shop and i am told its done. I notice they charge me quadruple the price of a item if i had just bought it at a auto store. Thats not the problem however im rather ticked about it, not sure if i could do price protection on that or not?

The dispute in question i have: They said they fixed my problem yet i noticed the problem did not get fixed. If the car repair shop says they want to charge me more since they claimed it being fixed can i dsipute the original charge? I used my CSP card so not sure on how well Chase is when it comes to disputes. Mainly because i basically paid for nothing to be fixed, im hoping they are willing to fix this issue so i dont need to issue a dispute if needed.

LOL, people amaze me.  You can't have it both ways.  You want a shop to install a part yet you want them to charge you the cheapest price out there?  

It doesn't work that way.  Shops get a price markup because they have to warranty the part.  If it fails, they have to remove and replace it.  Sure the part might cost more via a shop but that's a given.  If it was so easy to replace the part then people should spend the $100,000 in tools a master mechanic has to invest in to do the repairs themselves.

Granted a 300% markup is a bit extreme but you ain't going to get a part installed at cost and book rate. And I highly doubt it falls under "price protection".

Like I say, if it's so easy, buy the part and do it yourself.  Or hire some shady character on Craigslist to do the work.  I personally think people deserve whatever comes their way by trying to cheap out on mechanical work.

Message 11 of 12
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Re: Can i dispute this?

I always just take the car to Midas. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.