Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i do the following with Chase CC's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i do the following with Chase CC's?

I have had a Chase Slate card for the last 10 years, which I never use. 1 week ago I opened a Freedom.

In the next 0.5-1.0 year looking to open CSP.

In order not to loose Slate's history, but also have a Freedom, can I do the following:

1. open the CSP and close Freedom
  2. PC Slate to Freedom

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
hyp0luxa
Regular Contributor

Re: Can i do the following with Chase CC's?

You can keep the Freedom you just opened, and change the Slate to a Freedom. 

Chase will let you have 2 Freedom cards.

Last TL/HP 7/29/2015 | Gardening till December 2015 at least...
AMEX PRG - NPSL | NASA Cash Rewards - 30k | NFCU Cash Rewards VS - 25k | AMEX Everyday - 18k |
Chase CSP 16.8k | BOA 3-2-1 VS - 12k | Fidelity AMEX - 12k | Citi Dividend - 11.3k | Barclays Sallie Mae WMC - 10k | PayPal Extras MC - 7.5k | WalMart MC- 7.5k | Cap1 QS One - 6k | Barclays Apple Visa - 5.7k | Chase Freedom VS - 5k
Message 2 of 14
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

What was is the CL  you recieved on the Freedom card?

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hyp0luxa wrote:

You can keep the Freedom you just opened, and change the Slate to a Freedom. 

Chase will let you have 2 Freedom cards.

I don't want to end up with 2 Freedoms and 1 CSP.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

F
FreeFreedom - 5K CL, Slate $3K CL
Message 5 of 14
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

F

you can apply for CSP, but might be better to wait a couple months to show chase some experience with a 5k limit and age the freedom card. After that you can move the CL from the slate card to CSP or freedom and close it. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

F

you can apply for CSP, but might be better to wait a couple months to show chase some experience with a 5k limit and age the freedom card. After that you can move the CL from the slate card to CSP or freedom and close it. 

I don't want to close the Slate as that is going wipe out 10 years of account history once it stops reporting, which probibily will have negative effect my AAoA at that time (I know I am ~ 7 years away Smiley Happy ).

Message 7 of 14
Shock
Established Contributor

whats the limit on your slate? if you want to be HP free, perhaps a PC from Slate to CSP is in order if permitted, then youd have both.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shock wrote:

whats the limit on your slate? if you want to be HP free, perhaps a PC from Slate to CSP is in order if permitted, then youd have both.

Slate has 3K limit. If I PC to CSP, I loose the signing bonus.

Message 9 of 14
bz386
Frequent Contributor

Open a new Freedom (to get the bonus). After you get the bonus, convert the Slate to Freedom. Cancel the redundant Freedom, but transfer its CL to the other Freedom before you do. Get the CSP.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.