cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i do the following with Chase CC's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can i do the following with Chase CC's?

@bz386 wrote:

Open a new Freedom (to get the bonus). After you get the bonus, convert the Slate to Freedom. Cancel the redundant Freedom, but transfer its CL to the other Freedom before you do. Get the CSP.

That is essentially what I wanted to do. Will Chase let me do this?

Do I have to use my 1st Freedom for some time, before Chase will let me PC Slate to a 2nd Freedom?

My Slate only has 3K CL, so the 2nd Freedom will only have that after I do the PC. When consolidating the Freedoms does it matter which one I close if I want to maintain the history of the Slate? 

Message 11 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bz386 wrote:

Open a new Freedom (to get the bonus). After you get the bonus, convert the Slate to Freedom. Cancel the redundant Freedom, but transfer its CL to the other Freedom before you do. Get the CSP.

That is essentially what I wanted to do. Will Chase let me do this?

Do I have to use my 1st Freedom for some time, before Chase will let me PC Slate to a 2nd Freedom?

My Slate only has 3K CL, so the 2nd Freedom will only have that after I do the PC. When consolidating the Freedoms does it matter which one I close if I want to maintain the history of the Slate? 

Also, depending on your spend, some people do find it useful to have two Freedoms, as it doubles the cap on the 5%.

Message 12 of 14
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had a Chase Slate card for the last 10 years, which I never use. 1 week ago I opened a Freedom.

In the next 0.5-1.0 year looking to open CSP.

In order not to loose Slate's history, but also have a Freedom, can I do the following:

1. open the CSP and close Freedom
  2. PC Slate to Freedom

Thanks

You won't lose the Slate's history. Closed credit cards stay on your credit report for up to ten years, so your AAoA will not suffer.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 13 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't want to close the Slate as that is going wipe out 10 years of account history once it stops reporting, which probibily will have negative effect my AAoA at that time (I know I am ~ 7 years away Smiley Happy ).

It will be ~10 years before closing the Slate will affect your AAoA.  It's a bit late to worry over AAoA given that you already took a hit from opening the Freedom.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.