cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get instantly approved then denied a day later without a reason or notice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can i get instantly approved then denied a day later without a reason or notice?

Just a quick thought...

If you were going to buy a rolex, i know those watches are well over $3k.  So, if you travel, why not apply for a card that will give you miles so you can kill two birds with one stone?  You buy the watch, meet the spending and get the miles/points.

Capital One Venture

Chase Sapphire Preferred

BOFA Travel Rewards

Barclay Arrival +

etc

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can i get instantly approved then denied a day later without a reason or notice?

I paid cash for my Rolex and saved 7% (actually was 6.994% lol) over the best negotiated price they'd go if I charged it.  Since I didn't have a card with a credit limit that could come close to the cost of the watch, and since no rewards cards hit 7%, cash is king.  Plus I got them to throw in the 2 year cleaning for free by paying cash.

Of course if you don't have cash to buy a watch, this won't work, but I expect to pass my watch down to my grandkid, so it's an investment in a lifetime product.

Message 12 of 18
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

blessing in disguise imo, whatever amount you get via wb getting reported as a finance loan.  if you got $8K for example and a purchase is $7K it would report over 87% utilization.  this is not what anybody needs to be reporting.  this is the vary reason never to finance through dell as they use wb as well.  unless I am missing something you dodged a bullet

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

blessing in disguise imo, whatever amount you get via wb getting reported as a finance loan.  if you got $8K for example and a purchase is $7K it would report over 87% utilization.  this is not what anybody needs to be reporting.  this is the vary reason never to finance through dell as they use wb as well.  unless I am missing something you dodged a bullet

Wow.  And if it reports as a "consumer finance company" that hurts your FICO score for up to 10 years.  Buy a Rolex, get a FICO ding for 10 years?  Ridiculous if that's how it reports.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Very true .. i must say i was troubled by their actions to the point where i wanted to seek Legal council but didnt know how to proceed thank you once again for all your answers thanks

/Confirmed

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a quick thought...

If you were going to buy a rolex, i know those watches are well over $3k.  So, if you travel, why not apply for a card that will give you miles so you can kill two birds with one stone?  You buy the watch, meet the spending and get the miles/points.

Capital One Venture

Chase Sapphire Preferred

BOFA Travel Rewards

Barclay Arrival +

etc

Because OP has most likely already made his last post.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

No im not any longer i was just really upset at that time not because they denied me after rather that my time was wasted waiting for something that would never come less i called them to inquire i have since then went another route with a different store and got what i wanted thanks for your input and advice
Message 17 of 18
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
No im not any longer i was just really upset at that time not because they denied me after rather that my time was wasted waiting for something that would never come less i called them to inquire i have since then went another route with a different store and got what i wanted thanks for your input and advice

I get that.  again you don't want a wb loan, trust me lol.  that was my 1st mistake before finding this place lol.  one name of advice and a link.  Jaeger-LeCoultre https://www.jomashop.com/  both excellent.  if you want one of my oyster datejusts shoot me a pm.  hang around here from time to time, good info, sometimes hard to unearth but its here

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.